• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

O&A v. Stern

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Opie and Anthony are literally Boomers. Words/definitions have meaning. Don't be a Patrick Tomlinson and try to define words as you see fit.

Hey patposting little faggot: It's a meme word that has a new connotation. Don't be a boomer about it, baby boy. My point about O&A being more aware of more recent developments in media and life in general over Howard still stands firmly.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Hey patposting little faggot: It's a meme word that has a new connotation. Don't be a boomer about it, baby boy. My point about O&A being more aware of more recent developments in media and life in general over Howard still stands firmly.
One person has a radio show and gets paid 9 figures a year for said show. Meanwhile, the other two are in a place wherein obscurity would be a step up in relevance.

It doesn't have a new connotation unless you're a Reddit faggot or other simpleton who unironically takes their cues from the MSM and social media.

I'm curious as to how O&A would fit in as Gen-Xer's?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
ANOTHER LONG ASS COMMENT
O&A weren't boomers, they were more Gen X.... And I wasn't even talking about satellite. If O&A stop updating their firmware in the 90s, Howard's most recent reference would be from the 70s. Howard would regularly talk about the Beatles and the Stones in 2000... Even back then that was dad rock.
I meant Boomers in terms of what Gen Z’s define boomers as. They love Guns & Roses, Metallica, and other classic boomer rock and their references are from the 80’s-90’s because by that time they were, what 30? To Gen Z thats old, and Howard is unimaginably old in comparison.
I mean, I can see if you were talking about a mom & pop local business... But the only reason any of those people have jobs is because Stern was the biggest money-getter in entertainment for a time. Those individuals didn't have the leverage to make a stock deal like that.... Stern did. It was his money. None of them are entitled to it... Yeah, it's ridiculous how much he made on paper and how little they make, but they should be glad they made what they made for doing what they did. Gary Delebate has been with him for like 80 years because he knows his place and he's grateful that he's making a comfortable living. Jackie didn't last because he wanted a "fair" cut of all the money that Howard generated using his own name. He said it all the time, but it's true... "It's the HOWARD STERN Show...." Why shouldn't he make the money? It's his name on the line. Not stupid Will Murray.
Its the Howard Stern show, yes, but everybody producing a show is a factor in it no matter how unequal. Stern was 90% of the show but would it exist without people like Gary, Richard, Sal, etc? People like Sam & Erock and the other members of O&A were virtually replaceable and it happened all the time. When Ben Sparks and Steve C were fired they said nothing about it after it happened unless they were throwing random shots. You couldn’t take someone like Gary out of the show. Could the HSS run without it? Yeah. But fans would notice and it would be a mark of death for the show. Billy West, Jackie, or Artie leaving aren’t really the same things in comparison, although fans usually mark the leaving of those 3 as individual declines of the show.

But someone like Jackie had every right to demand more money. (Yes the whole situation was way more complicated and Jackie was a retard during it) But he had the right to ask for money speaking for the fact that he was writing jokes. If they were married and going through a divorce someone like Jackie would have a pretty damn good case for arguing he contributed to Howards fame and deserves (x) amount of money for doing so. Like I said before, I could understand if this was O&A because even though they were millionaires they were poor in comparison. Stern had no excuse with the money he had to argue against, say, employees having to do side gigs outside the show, other than being a jew.

Now this is getting me into a whole other thing: Did Howard have every right to stop his employees from using his name to promote side gigs? Yeah. But at the same time why the fuck are your employees having to do that for money. Howard seems to have a way of just constantly beating people the fuck down no matter how competent they are. For someone like StutJo it was true because he was a useless retard. Anyone who got too big for da show (sniff) had to be put in their place and reminded everything they owed was to Stern. Even if they had their own talents and personalities, nope, all Stern. And his hypothesis has been proven true time and time again: What careers do Artie, Jackie, Shuli, Stutjo, have now? Even using the Stern name they don’t have shit. The only one who made it out alive was Billy West because he actually has a talent.

Also lets not forget the Pelican brief. Howard was asking his employees to dress better, create fake twitter accounts to @ celebrities, and that their metrics would be recorded to see who wasn’t doing shit. This, getting back to my original point, shows that Howard is a part of the equation and not the whole of the Stern show. He has to ask his employees to make an effort to get these celebrities on and it obviously worked. Hell, at least since 2012 Howard Stern hasn’t been the drive of the HSS. It’s half Stern half Marci. Stern is the name and Marci is the person cleaning squirt off his scarf and ushering in A listers.
He did. He threw himself the bone. Was he going to throw it to Fred? Did Fred make Howard? Did Robin make Howard? Or were these people that he recruited and mostly had to convince to be part of his show at one time? …Just because Stern convinced a mega company that he's worth a certain dollar amount does not entitle any of his staff to a certain "equal" percentage of that number.
Equal percentage? Not really, I don’t think it should be some communist thing. But when your boss is making 100 million and you’re only making 10 million…and then the numbers just go down from Robin and Fred, it’s gotta sting. Also, yes. Robin and Fred made the Stern show. Would people listen to just Howard? Maybe. But because they’ve been along for the 30 year run they have arguably contributed to the show in a way where they could justify being a financial incentive to it.
Lol what? That bit was synonymous with Howard as a moment on his show and then as a scene from his movie. That's a very specific bit, not something that you would have heard anywhere else, and if you did, it was because Howard did it. You said that like it was a no-brainer that everyone had already come up with. Yet nobody else did it.
Fair point that he did it first, but again I go back to my point about entertainment: Whats the harm? It’s just the fallout from the retarded radio war days where jocks were accusing each other of stealing, while maybe stealing themselves, and it’s nauseating. All it does, at most, is show the jocks to be disingenuous. Thieves? Thieves is like someone who copies a joke, some Mencia fuck.

I don’t want to make it seem like i’m defending O&A for thievery. I’m not. It’s more so that I just don’t give a shit who did it first other than it makes it even more pathetic to hear the bbbbboyssss claim other jocks are ripping them off.
Yeah, so what? What was CBS gonna do with the tape library? It was all a means to an end... He ended up getting his archive back and making someone else pay for it in the process. If anything, he won. And I only ever heard him say he wanted to destroy his archive after he dies, but if he wanted to it back then I have to admire that. Why the fuck would you let your ex-employer control your entire history?
This was in your response to Howie being a piece of shit. Wanting your archive back is fine. Stealing tapes from your archive, that are owned by CBS and legally NOT YOURS, and then threatening on air to destroy the tapes in your possession unless he gets his entire library is insane. To make it even more neurotic Howie stole the selected tapes because he “thought CBS was gonna do something with the tapes”. Yeah. Because CBS will just destroy their million dollar library before giving it to you…? And in the end none of that needed to happen because Sirius payed out for the library. It’s just another example of Stern being a weirdo kike.
Again, he got a major corporation to pay his debts.... He won. How is this a point against him?
It’s a point against him because it shows him to be a scummy fuck businessman and hypocrite. In public he was talking about how good he treated CBS and how much money he made them. Meanwhile he conned them out of half of a lawsuit he was TORPEDOING HIMSELF. The thing I don’t understand is how any company hires the guy after that. Would you hire an employee who got you to go half in on a lawsuit he was purposefully fucking up, all while leaving your company, AND profiting off of leaving by using your company to promote his new job? Jews will say this is smart but it’s fucking scummy. Does that make him any different than anyone else in Hollywood? No. The point is is that Howard’s presentation is he wasn’t supposed to be like everyone else in Hollywood.
He would hook them up with tickets and other shit all the time, and sometimes just hand them hundreds of dollars from a prize game show or something (Again, getting someone else to foot his bill.)
Fair enough. I just assumed they got nothing.
Fuck Gary's dad's funeral and that shitty dinner party. Fuck that shit. "You work for me. I don't owe you an appearance at your dad's funeral." What is this shit all about? Are we gonna get angry at Howard for not tipping a pizza delivery guy too?
No, but again, going back to the point you were making about Howard being a piece of shit person. Those guys are better off without a clean freak jew at their parties anyway.
At times I can see why Howard is a cunt to people. Constantly having people who you gave careers to walking up to you with their hands out. His treatment of Scott the Engineer is one I will say I totally disagree with. Other than that? It's mostly just business decisions that ended up hurting the quality of his show.... It's his prerogative. The way he treated Scott The Engineer's wife is WAY worse than not going to his fucking producer's dad's funeral.
I agree with this point but to me Howards disregard of everyone, including his own staff, just speaks to his mentality now. He doesn’t give a fuck if you’re not bigger than him. He won’t show up to his fucking job for the last 2 years because of COVID but will go out to a maskless dinner with Jon Stewart Lebowitz, Jennifer Anniston, etc. And we all know the famous Beth “The View” clip of Howard being smitten with Barbara Walters. He would trip his oversized clothes to go to one of these people’s cousin’s funerals. To me, not going to the funerals or parties of his employees has nothing to do with them being employees or anything.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
ANOTHER LONG ASS COMMENT

I meant Boomers in terms of what Gen Z’s define boomers as. They love Guns & Roses, Metallica, and other classic boomer rock and their references are from the 80’s-90’s because by that time they were, what 30? To Gen Z thats old, and Howard is unimaginably old in comparison.

Its the Howard Stern show, yes, but everybody producing a show is a factor in it no matter how unequal. Stern was 90% of the show but would it exist without people like Gary, Richard, Sal, etc? People like Sam & Erock and the other members of O&A were virtually replaceable and it happened all the time. When Ben Sparks and Steve C were fired they said nothing about it after it happened unless they were throwing random shots. You couldn’t take someone like Gary out of the show. Could the HSS run without it? Yeah. But fans would notice and it would be a mark of death for the show. Billy West, Jackie, or Artie leaving aren’t really the same things in comparison, although fans usually mark the leaving of those 3 as individual declines of the show.

But someone like Jackie had every right to demand more money. (Yes the whole situation was way more complicated and Jackie was a retard during it) But he had the right to ask for money speaking for the fact that he was writing jokes. If they were married and going through a divorce someone like Jackie would have a pretty damn good case for arguing he contributed to Howards fame and deserves (x) amount of money for doing so. Like I said before, I could understand if this was O&A because even though they were millionaires they were poor in comparison. Stern had no excuse with the money he had to argue against, say, employees having to do side gigs outside the show, other than being a jew.

Now this is getting me into a whole other thing: Did Howard have every right to stop his employees from using his name to promote side gigs? Yeah. But at the same time why the fuck are your employees having to do that for money. Howard seems to have a way of just constantly beating people the fuck down no matter how competent they are. For someone like StutJo it was true because he was a useless retard. Anyone who got too big for da show (sniff) had to be put in their place and reminded everything they owed was to Stern. Even if they had their own talents and personalities, nope, all Stern. And his hypothesis has been proven true time and time again: What careers do Artie, Jackie, Shuli, Stutjo, have now? Even using the Stern name they don’t have shit. The only one who made it out alive was Billy West because he actually has a talent.

Also lets not forget the Pelican brief. Howard was asking his employees to dress better, create fake twitter accounts to @ celebrities, and that their metrics would be recorded to see who wasn’t doing shit. This, getting back to my original point, shows that Howard is a part of the equation and not the whole of the Stern show. He has to ask his employees to make an effort to get these celebrities on and it obviously worked. Hell, at least since 2012 Howard Stern hasn’t been the drive of the HSS. It’s half Stern half Marci. Stern is the name and Marci is the person cleaning squirt off his scarf and ushering in A listers.

Equal percentage? Not really, I don’t think it should be some communist thing. But when your boss is making 100 million and you’re only making 10 million…and then the numbers just go down from Robin and Fred, it’s gotta sting. Also, yes. Robin and Fred made the Stern show. Would people listen to just Howard? Maybe. But because they’ve been along for the 30 year run they have arguably contributed to the show in a way where they could justify being a financial incentive to it.

Fair point that he did it first, but again I go back to my point about entertainment: Whats the harm? It’s just the fallout from the retarded radio war days where jocks were accusing each other of stealing, while maybe stealing themselves, and it’s nauseating. All it does, at most, is show the jocks to be disingenuous. Thieves? Thieves is like someone who copies a joke, some Mencia fuck.

I don’t want to make it seem like i’m defending O&A for thievery. I’m not. It’s more so that I just don’t give a shit who did it first other than it makes it even more pathetic to hear the bbbbboyssss claim other jocks are ripping them off.

This was in your response to Howie being a piece of shit. Wanting your archive back is fine. Stealing tapes from your archive, that are owned by CBS and legally NOT YOURS, and then threatening on air to destroy the tapes in your possession unless he gets his entire library is insane. To make it even more neurotic Howie stole the selected tapes because he “thought CBS was gonna do something with the tapes”. Yeah. Because CBS will just destroy their million dollar library before giving it to you…? And in the end none of that needed to happen because Sirius payed out for the library. It’s just another example of Stern being a weirdo kike.

It’s a point against him because it shows him to be a scummy fuck businessman and hypocrite. In public he was talking about how good he treated CBS and how much money he made them. Meanwhile he conned them out of half of a lawsuit he was TORPEDOING HIMSELF. The thing I don’t understand is how any company hires the guy after that. Would you hire an employee who got you to go half in on a lawsuit he was purposefully fucking up, all while leaving your company, AND profiting off of leaving by using your company to promote his new job? Jews will say this is smart but it’s fucking scummy. Does that make him any different than anyone else in Hollywood? No. The point is is that Howard’s presentation is he wasn’t supposed to be like everyone else in Hollywood.

Fair enough. I just assumed they got nothing.

No, but again, going back to the point you were making about Howard being a piece of shit person. Those guys are better off without a clean freak jew at their parties anyway.

I agree with this point but to me Howards disregard of everyone, including his own staff, just speaks to his mentality now. He doesn’t give a fuck if you’re not bigger than him. He won’t show up to his fucking job for the last 2 years because of COVID but will go out to a maskless dinner with Jon Stewart Lebowitz, Jennifer Anniston, etc. And we all know the famous Beth “The View” clip of Howard being smitten with Barbara Walters. He would trip his oversized clothes to go to one of these people’s cousin’s funerals. To me, not going to the funerals or parties of his employees has nothing to do with them being employees or anything.
You make Jack Kerouac look like a piker--

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Nothing about that is exclusive to satellite. They literally ran WNEW and did whatever they wanted. 2009-2011 they were getting turned down for contests and told "NO" whenever they wanted to do a bit. You white niggers need to listen to some pre-satellite years, you will find the show really was better on WNEW and their revisionism from the few times they Jocktobered themselves is just that -- No, they weren't better performers on satellite nor were they more driven, or even more popular. The show was kinda sad. They still had bluster but it was being drained out of them every year with every channel change and studio change.
I find them being miserable as more entertaining than them having leverage. To me it's not as relatable when there's two guys with dream jobs having fun; it's better that it's normal to them but they have dickhead bosses and have to deal with corporate just like everyone else.

You're right in that they were slowly getting worse; 2012 onward is mediocre. Listening back to the 2005 and 2006 shows, they're kinda shit there though.

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
Robin’s News sometimes was the best part of the show. This is pre Gilbert and Artie doing the “Berry” bit, coincidentally Gilbert was in that day too:

This was one of my all time favorite Stern bits. Fred playing the Jackie laugh tracks during horrific news segments was fucking rib destroying. They would even get listeners calling in to complain about how heartless Jackie was.

I fucking miss the days of old radio.

Forum Clout
This was one of my all time favorite Stern bits. Fred playing the Jackie laugh tracks during horrific news segments was fucking rib destroying. They would even get listeners calling in to complain about how heartless Jackie was.

Dice fell for the Jackie laughing at tragedies bit too!

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
You’re making a very bold assumption that Howard paid these people anything. Some of them maybe but we all know how Howard supports his staff so imagine how he supports the freakshow tards. He thinks he’s doing enough by having them on the show, just like his staff. I’d say the most “loyalty” he showed is praising Beetlejuice and ETM, and renaming Gary and Wendy the retard. Other than that he could give a fuck about these people even publically.
You made me remember how when Crackhead Bob actually decided to get help for his life/addiction, and his counselors told him that he should stop doing Stern for a while, Stern got on the air and badmouthed him.

I've said it before but I'll repeat: I never understood antisemitism until very recently. The last 5 years or so. All someone had to say to me 20 years ago was, "Howard Stern is a Jew and he behaves just like them," and I would have understood.

Don't get your life together and instead stay addicted to crack because it's good for my show. What a scuuuuumbag.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Kinison alleged that Dice stole rouintes from him. Others said that Dice lifted from other comics as well. Jackie hated Dice as well and kept ripping on Dice for being jewish and calling him by his real name 'Silverstein'. Part of Dice being on O&A was just like Pat Cooper going on O&A, it was more from their fallout with Howard than actually liking O&A.
Otto said Dice stole the dirty nursery rhymes from him and although I don’t necessarily think it’s funny I could see Otto writing something that silly and stupid.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
By 2012 the show was consumed with watching Youtube videos and recapping / watching TV shows. It is some of the worst most boring shit i’ve ever heard.
I'm trying to remember... starting 2009ish wouldn't they just spend an hour watching videos from ebaums world and shit like that?

Not even trying to milk any entertainment from it but seemingly just trying to get through the show and entertain themselves

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

Same here, I love finding old show clips where they would play jackie laughing at the worst times and pretend to be shocked “oh Jackie…what’s wrong with him?” And any Jackie ball busting I’ll listen to.

Jackie was funny for so many unintentional reasons, his hippie ways, being a big drunk, his funding of his wife’s career, all his plugs, him selling all kinds of stupid shit, his Jetty, bayville stories, his awful music, his friends like Berf, and other nonsense. He had more material to goof on than any of the wack packers.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Same here, I love finding old show clips where they would play jackie laughing at the worst times and pretend to be shocked “oh Jackie…what’s wrong with him?” And any Jackie ball busting I’ll listen to.

Jackie was funny for so many unintentional reasons, his hippie ways, being a big drunk, his funding of his wife’s career, all his plugs, him selling all kinds of stupid shit, his Jetty, bayville stories, his awful music, his friends like Berf, and other nonsense. He had more material to goof on than any of the wack packers.
“I’M GETTING SCREWED IM ALWAYS GETTING SCREEEWED!” Nancy was great fodder too but Jackie was also funny in general. “If you ever get raped, I’m going to come in a half hour early.”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
“I’M GETTING SCREWED IM ALWAYS GETTING SCREEEWED!” Nancy was great fodder too but Jackie was also funny in general. “If you ever get raped, I’m going to come in a half hour early.”
Billy doing Jackie the laugh and Jackie puppet also still holds up. Jackie and Gary really got busted on heavy but we’re able to take it, Jackie would even write jokes for the puppet to goof on him. Of course you couldn’t dare bust on Stern, Fred, or Robin because they all had thin skin.

I’ll still laugh at a clip where Fred yells “JACKIE MARLOW!” Or when they would the Gina man voice after Stern would say something like “Mini Dress” or “Panties”

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Billy doing Jackie the laugh and Jackie puppet also still holds up. Jackie and Gary really got busted on heavy but we’re able to take it, Jackie would even write jokes for the puppet to goof on him. Of course you couldn’t dare bust on Stern, Fred, or Robin because they all had thin skin.

I’ll still laugh at a clip where Fred yells “JACKIE MARLOW!” Or when they would the Gina man voice after Stern would say something like “Mini Dress” or “Panties”
Even John could take a beating in stride. Sal and Richard took shit really well.
Jackie puppet vs Nicole Eggert:

This guy’s channel is good because he doesn’t say much so it’s like 98% just the show.