• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

O&A fucked up not owning their own content.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
How did Anthony wipe them from existence? Nobody tape traded back then? I don't remember the specific reason but wasn't it something to do with lobster girl?

O&A both had their own ties to the tape traders (file sharers.) In fact this is how Erock got hired at XM (he was SexBagel)

There was a time where the entire WNEW run was available online in mp3 format. Ant had everything surrounding the Lobster Girl timeline wiped by his pals who posted the shows. He also dumped out of the show when callers mentioned forums where they talked about it.

There is audio of the Lobster Girl stuff out there as someone posted clips a few times to long-dead file sharing sites. And of course the master tapes which Opie and apparently Erock claim to have.

Forum Clout
O&A both had their own ties to the tape traders (file sharers.) In fact this is how Erock got hired at XM (he was SexBagel)

There was a time where the entire WNEW run was available online in mp3 format. Ant had everything surrounding the Lobster Girl timeline wiped by his pals who posted the shows. He also dumped out of the show when callers mentioned forums where they talked about it.

There is audio of the Lobster Girl stuff out there as someone posted clips a few times to long-dead file sharing sites. And of course the master tapes which Opie and apparently Erock claim to have.
When did the WNEW archive pre-2001 or so get erased from the internet?

Forum Clout
The divorce was finalized March 2002, so likely around then. But a lot of the files survived until the site spreadtheonavirus didn't have giant chinks of 99 and 2000 which was O&A at their height.
It feels somebody outside of Erock/Opie has to have that. I feel some pest would keep the episodes for himself even though Anthony wanted it gone off the internet.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
It feels somebody outside of Erock/Opie has to have that. I feel some pest would keep the episodes for himself even though Anthony wanted it gone off the internet.
Compare it to say the lost Dr Who episodes. The archives are gone because BBC didn’t keep them. It’s entirely possible someone out there has tapes of these episodes they purposefully or unknowingly recorded. But i’ll get back into O&A to explain why it’s hard to get these:

So conversely it’s possible someone recorded the shows back then and has them. However, a few things would need to happen for us to ever have access to them:

-The taper would need to realize someone is looking for a specific piece of audio.
-The taper would have to realize he purposefully or unknowingly recorded said episodes
-The taper would then have to physically find them and hope the data is recoverable enough to be transferred into a digital format

Even in the magical scenario where we find a guy who recorded all shows between 97-02, he would have to fit these other specifications. And lets say someone just dumps a full archive of those years online. Well first we would have to find it because in all likelihood it wouldn’t be posted here specifically for us but rather for archival purposes. Then we would have to sift through the tapes and hope the Lobster Girl audio is still there.

TLDR; The tapes most likely exist but are lost simply because the circumstances are so unlikely for us to ever have access to them.

Forum Clout
TLDR; The tapes most likely exist but are lost simply because the circumstances are so unlikely for us to ever have access to them.
The point about Doctor Who; That was in the 1960s when home video recording was still in its infancy and if the production company/network that made the show decided to wipe it, it was gone for good. It's also why stuff like the New York-era Tonight Show with Carson sadly doesn't exist; NBC reused the tapes. Carson eventually had his production company make a note to save episodes from 1973 onward. Tape trading/archiving for radio broadcasts goes back decades due to the general ease of it compared to video archiving prior to the late 1970s, it's how Tarantino used real 93 KHJ audio in Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. I'm 99% sure most of 1998-2001 WNEW-era O&A still exists outside of Slobbo and Opie, but as you said, nobody's been arsed to look for it.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I'm 99% sure most of 1998-2001 WNEW-era O&A still exists outside of Slobbo and Opie, but as you said, nobody's been arsed to look for it.
Well more than that i don’t think we’re asking the right people. If someone has these tapes chances are they aren’t even an O&A fan, just a serial archiver of radio shit. Where you would even find those people to ask them about it who knows.

Forum Clout
to all you faggots complaining about this 2004 era message board. At least we have fucking style sheets. That whole "message board" looks like just straight html.
It looks like the cannibal board Armin Meiwes was on which should give you an idea of how fucking old it is