new Netflix series about a standup comic being atalked

DrTorqueCarlisi

Defendant/Debtor
has anyone watch this yet? how long until Pat makes it about himself? will he ride the wave of this and try to sell his fatphobia victimhood tv rights to netflix?

It seems Pat has issued his official response:

"Oh yeah? Has she tweeted about your murderous threats toward the unborn? Did she? How many frivolous lawsuits did you file? How many times did she SWAT you? Huh? Ever dealt with a fence inspector, child? I didn't think so! You want to dance, little man?"

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Jamie Kennedy does shit films like Christian ones, and he doesn't even fucking believe in religion. He changed his tune for the money. So he's a bellend.

Uwe Boll can get fucked sideways with Jim Nabors' dildo.

I don't think there's ever been a good movie about comedians short of "King of Comedy", and I use that relation loosely.
I think it’s impossible to make a movie about comedians - whoever is making it will either go too heavy on the “tortured miserable creative who kills himself over making people laugh” or it’s so “inside” anyone who isn’t a comedian wouldn’t understand it and be bored. King of Comedy works because he’s a lunatic who happens to be a comedian. Seinfeld was a hit but it was barely about him being a comedian.

I remember someone I was friends with complaining that they hated the movie “funny people” for the reason being they figured it would be a funny movie from the title and not about the sad “struggles” of comedians.

I think it was the last episode of Louie before he got cancelled but it had Jim Florentine as his middle act for a couple shows and they’re staying together in the comedy club condo and Florentine goes off on Louie for being such a pretentious asshole and how what they’re doing isn’t groundbreaking or that respectable - they’re telling jokes to people in a club. Even compared it to a party trick and getting a laugh is just that. Pretty good for Louie’s show.

Last edited:

chewtoycock

He poisons himself and expects the world to die.
I think it’s impossible to make a movie about comedians - whoever is making it will either go too heavy on the “tortured miserable creative who kills himself over making people laugh” or it’s so “inside” anyone who isn’t a comedian wouldn’t understand it and be bored. King of Comedy works because he’s a lunatic who happens to be a comedian. Seinfeld was a hit but it was barely about him being a comedian.

I remember someone I was friends with complaining that they hated the movie “funny people” for the reason being they figured it would be a funny movie from the title and not about the sad “struggles” of comedians.

I think it was the last episode of Louie before he got cancelled but it had Jim Florentine as his middle act for a couple shows and they’re staying together in the comedy club condo and Florentine goes off on Louie for being such a pretentious asshole and how what they’re doing isn’t groundbreaking or that respectable - they’re telling jokes to people in a club. Even compared it to a party trick and getting a laugh is just that. Pretty good for Louie’s show.
Him sobbing at the fact that farts are funny was pretty good.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Jamie Kennedy does shit films like Christian ones, and he doesn't even fucking believe in religion. He changed his tune for the money. So he's a bellend.

Uwe Boll can get fucked sideways with Jim Nabors' dildo.

I don't think there's ever been a good movie about comedians short of "King of Comedy", and I use that relation loosely.

What's your problem with uwe boll

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
You don't respect him for actually following through with empty joe cumia threats and beating up nerdy libtards?

I mean, it's great to see someone backup their words. You certainly never see it in the O&A Universe, or Patrick Hemisphere.

But he's still an awful director. I see no creativity from him. Even Tommy Wiseau showed a bit more motivation.

There's every reason to believe Patrick has tried contacting Netflix and pitching his "ordeal" to them as a potential season 2. Like how Beef was "supposed to be" a standalone thing until it got so much acclaim and now they're making it an anthology series? I'd bet money Patrick doesn't think there's potential to make more seasons of this with himself at the center of it.

nice atalked, stupid
That's the fawkin' bit, you IDIOT!

Jenna

If God truly loved you He'd have made you taller
First of all let me reiterate, holy shit this guy looks like white Boq especially at certain angles. Bugging the shit out of me.

The trans/gay plotlines actually make sense to me, they do tend to shoehorn that stuff into fictional stories but this actually happened. If you were making a Jim Norton biopic (whyyy) you'd include his trans kink, and the dude is clearly going on mytransdate.com so he knows what he's shopping for. It's also interesting to see it framed in the 2010s and see him be afraid of the social repercussions of dating a trans woman, as opposed to now when the message is "you better not have a problem with this you fucking bigot".

Anyone know who the rapist writer/producer guy is? The internet found the real Martha pretty quickly because her crazed twitter stalking tweets are still up but everyone wants to know who rapey guy is. Any guesses from Brits who are more familiar with British television?

Sent from my iphon

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
First of all let me reiterate, holy shit this guy looks like white Boq especially at certain angles. Bugging the shit out of me.

The trans/gay plotlines actually make sense to me, they do tend to shoehorn that stuff into fictional stories but this actually happened. If you were making a Jim Norton biopic (whyyy) you'd include his trans kink, and the dude is clearly going on mytransdate.com so he knows what he's shopping for. It's also interesting to see it framed in the 2010s and see him be afraid of the social repercussions of dating a trans woman, as opposed to now when the message is "you better not have a problem with this you fucking bigot".

Anyone know who the rapist writer/producer guy is? The internet found the real Martha pretty quickly because her crazed twitter stalking tweets are still up but everyone wants to know who rapey guy is. Any guesses from Brits who are more familiar with British television?

Sent from my iphon
I saw someone say it was Sean Foley and it seems to line up but he has posted a message from Gadd on his Twitter saying that it isn't him. If it's actually not or Gadd just doesn't want to get sued, I don't know.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
I like the Florentine played an over the top version of himself as the asshole middle comic and made fun of Louie on stage. I loved when he did the jerk off motion when Louie left the condo.
There was a scene like that in that Doug Stanhope movie road dog with Greg Fitzsimmons as the hack comic staying with him at a club owned condo. Except it's played totally serious with zero laughs. Basically Fitz is reminiscing about the old times and how great they were and Jimmy (Stanhope) realizes it's just sad to just hold onto your past glory.

I mean, it's great to see someone backup their words. You certainly never see it in the O&A Universe, or Patrick Hemisphere.

But he's still an awful director. I see no creativity from him. Even Tommy Wiseau showed a bit more motivation.
According to Lowtax though Boll convinced the people he fought it was just all for show then went full force. The dude was an amateur boxer so it's kind of a shitty thing to do. He was just trying to hurt them with no risk to himself, which is as cowardly as the trolls he was so angry at. Which is also why everyone continues to shit on his movies to this day.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
According to Lowtax though Boll convinced the people he fought it was just all for show then went full force. The dude was an amateur boxer so it's kind of a shitty thing to do. He was just trying to hurt them with no risk to himself, which is as cowardly as the trolls he was so angry at. Which is also why everyone continues to shit on his movies to this day.

Now that's not cool at all. A reminder of why I don't like him - you don't blindside people. That's not being a man.

WWAWD Uwe fucking Kristina Lokken? That was a weird time. Haven't seen her in years either.

I cannot name one good movie from him.

House of the Dead, Postal, In The Name of the King, Bloodrayne, all are shit.
The films he made outside of awful video game adaptions that he did for his love of film are watchable. Darfur, Tunnel Rats and Rampage were decent enough. Boll is basically a retard who lucked out with a German tax loop hole that he exploited to the fullest. I heard he runs a restaurant now.