Might have to rethink my opinion of Prey

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Screenshot_20240430-141305.png

Harry Powell

You’re the girl I needed in jr. high
Yes an 82 pound squaw with flint and sticks can defeat a 300 pound 7 foot alien with super tech. How can you not love a movie that doesn't show how she had to use the only thing she had over him (her wits) but instead she physically defeats him
Girl power! Wooooo!
I thought she does outwit him by using his own little spearchucker (laser guided) against him?

Or did she get him with her little axe on a rope? Can’t remember.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
I thought she does outwit him by using his own little spearchucker (laser guided) against him?

Or did she get him with her little axe on a rope? Can’t remember.
Honestly, I can't recall but you'd think an injun would freeze in fear over a god like creature hurling sun beams from his shoulder.
Honestly, I didn't hate it. I certainly didn't love it. Having the French fur trappers getting smoked just to kill white people sucked. I recall saying it here before and taking to my friends is that a better ending would have been for her to lose and one of the trappers living and thus starting the bigfoot legend

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Yes an 82 pound squaw with flint and sticks can defeat a 300 pound 7 foot alien with super tech. How can you not love a movie that doesn't show how she had to use the only thing she had over him (her wits) but instead she physically defeats him
Girl power! Wooooo!
to be fair she survives most of the movie because the predator doesn't see her as a threat and kill the things threatening her

Kinderman

Eight six six, Ron zero Rez
Honestly, I can't recall but you'd think an injun would freeze in fear over a god like creature hurling sun beams from his shoulder.
Honestly, I didn't hate it. I certainly didn't love it. Having the French fur trappers getting smoked just to kill white people sucked. I recall saying it here before and taking to my friends is that a better ending would have been for her to lose and one of the trappers living and thus starting the bigfoot legend
My expectations were fairly low. Just be better than 2018’s The Predator (does anyone even remember that piece of shit?), and I’ll be happy. It was, so that was nice. I’d put it at about the same level as Predators. Decent, but nowhere near the level of the first two.

Harry Powell

You’re the girl I needed in jr. high
My expectations were fairly low. Just be better than 2018’s The Predator (does anyone even remember that piece of shit?), and I’ll be happy. It was, so that was nice. I’d put it at about the same level as Predators. Decent, but nowhere near the level of the first two.
The problem is the leads. Arnold et al were the epitome of 80s machisimo and had spectacular screen presence.

Predator 2 has Danny Glover as an every-man cop due to coming out after Die Hard / lethal weapon redefined the action hero for the 90s. Danny does a good job with this role and also looks like a real human being.

All future predators fall victim to the biggest issue in 2000s+ cinema - the lack of a compelling action hero lead. There’s not a good 2000s archetype. You have the Rock who is just a family friendly (and gay) version of the 80s steroid hero, you have Vin Diesel, and then you have a bunch of faggot muscle twinks. They’re all too generic.

For a movie like this you do not have to be a good actor, you just have to have a commanding and compelling screen presence. That practically doesn’t exist anymore.