• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jimmy's performance in The Irishman was fucking terrible

MonsterSteve

Age.
Forum Clout
I don’t know if you’ve seen the full movie but i’m not exaggerating when I say it’s his worst. The physical capabilities of 80 year old actors playing 30 year olds is lacking. The scene of Deniro beating that guy up is so bad they should have scrapped the movie right there. I guess when they got to Jims part they were so used to the terrible performances they didn’t notice it.

Oh wait. They did. They had to give Jimmy lines that are verbatim Don Rickles quotes so the audience would even know who it was.
I actually hated the movie the first time I saw it. I thought it was too long and needed to be edited down, among other things but on my 2nd viewing years later I came to appreciate it a lot more than I originally did. That being said it's not great and most of his other movies are way better.

This or Many Saints? I think I'd take this movie over Many Saints 10 out of 10 times.

FamilyDollar

Welcome to our establishment
Forum Clout
This or Many Saints? I think I'd take this movie over Many Saints 10 out of 10 times.
I don't even think it's fair to compare the too. The Irishman gets plenty of deserved shit but it's at least somewhat watchable. Many Saints is a fucking abortion. My estimation of David Chase as a man fucking plummeted.

Although from what I've read HBO motherfucked him. Chase wanted to make a movie about the Newark riots and they forced him to make it about the Sopranos universe for some reason.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
Okay this is way worse than I remember.

Remember, this is the guy who said he'd beat the shit out of Donald Trump IRL. Fucking shrimp.
The sad part is, that scene didn’t need to be so bad. If Scorsese really wanted to de age cgi Deniro there are ways to make it work here. They can use a stunt actor for scenes like this where you need some physicality and then cgi Deniro’s face in post.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The sad part is, that scene didn’t need to be so bad. If Scorsese really wanted to de age cgi Deniro there are ways to make it work here. They can use a stunt actor for scenes like this where you need some physicality and then cgi Deniro’s face in post.
Scorsese is 100 years old at this point. He probably thought that de-aging was magic technology. Where you could rewind the clock on every aspect of the actor's appearances including their physical movements. Just imagine him sitting around with the producers watching that scene then saying "Okay.....now de-age his old man fighting moves and make them look young" and the CGI team looking at him like has three heads.