• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jimmy's performance in The Irishman was fucking terrible

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I know it's hardly news that he sucks as an actor but you'd think if you were given the chance to appear in a movie that big, you'd at least make the effort to be as good as possible. He's supposed to be playing a young Rickles but he makes no attempt at all to sound like him. It's literally just Jimmy in a suit doing jokes.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
This needs to be brought up because its worse than Jim JUST being a bad actor. He was a bad actor in Power, a fucking shitty nig show no one cares about. Playing a random character no one knows the name of.

Now how many hours did they rip on Vos’ Lenny Bruce impression? And Vos sat there saying he was so good and they all said you’re playing yourself…

And here Jimmy is. Playing someone bigger and funnier than Lenny Bruce and doing an EVEN WORSE JOB than Vos. This is the shittiest Scorcese movie but I don’t understand how Jim was even cast or this scene was kept in the film. When I first saw the movie I didn’t even know who he was playing and was confused why Jim Norton is in this 60’s period piece.

And the thing is is that Jim is perfect to play the part of Rickles…physically. But he’s such a fucking bad actor. He can’t even change his inflection or tone in the slightest to mimic Rickles delivery. He is LITERALLY just Jim telling Dons jokes.

G

This needs to be brought up because its worse than Jim JUST being a bad actor. He was a bad actor in Power, a fucking shitty nig show no one cares about. Playing a random character no one knows the name of.

Now how many hours did they rip on Vos’ Lenny Bruce impression? And Vos sat there saying he was so good and they all said you’re playing yourself…

And here Jimmy is. Playing someone bigger and funnier than Lenny Bruce and doing an EVEN WORSE JOB than Vos. This is the shittiest Scorcese movie but I don’t understand how Jim was even cast or this scene was kept in the film. When I first saw the movie I didn’t even know who he was playing and was confused why Jim Norton is in this 60’s period piece.

And the thing is is that Jim is perfect to play the part of Rickles…physically. But he’s such a fucking bad actor. He can’t even change his inflection or tone in the slightest to mimic Rickles delivery. He is LITERALLY just Jim telling Dons jokes.
Wow it’s as bad as you described it. He doesn’t even try lol.

Scorsese was probably like fine! Your scene stays, but I’m not signing your fucking photo!

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Wow it’s as bad as you described it. He doesn’t even try lol.

Scorsese was probably like fine! Your scene stays, but I’m not signing your fucking photo!
I don’t know if you’ve seen the full movie but i’m not exaggerating when I say it’s his worst. The physical capabilities of 80 year old actors playing 30 year olds is lacking. The scene of Deniro beating that guy up is so bad they should have scrapped the movie right there. I guess when they got to Jims part they were so used to the terrible performances they didn’t notice it.

Oh wait. They did. They had to give Jimmy lines that are verbatim Don Rickles quotes so the audience would even know who it was.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I know it's hardly news that he sucks as an actor but you'd think if you were given the chance to appear in a movie that big, you'd at least make the effort to be as good as possible. He's supposed to be playing a young Rickles but he makes no attempt at all to sound like him. It's literally just Jimmy in a suit doing jokes.

God he's so awful and obviously reading. He sounds like he's doing it terribly on purpose.

G

If Hollywood is anything like I suspect it is, worm probably did something very nasty with 95 y.o. Scorsese. Nothing else can explain it. And he’s had zilch to do with the iconic director ever since. Sick faggot Jim Norton was definitely terrible in bed and Marty the Hollywood Homo simply held up his end of the deal. I guarantee it… the story doesn’t go any deeper than that.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
I haven't seen a ton of Scorsese movies, but they all seem like the same thing: a series of improvised, repetitive, rambling scenes for a movie that goes on way too fucking long. They can be well constructed and entertaining, mostly deserving of their acclaim for sure, but they seem like a "you've seen one, you've seen them all" affair.
How long was this thing, like 3 hours? I can't imagine sitting through these mummies trying to act like gangsters pulling some variant of the "funny how? Like a clown?" or "equal amount of blueberries" dialogue deluges over and over.

His movies really make me appreciate shit like the Sopranos with David Chase's " you're not saying or doing a fucking thing that isn't in the script" attitude.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
I don’t know if you’ve seen the full movie but i’m not exaggerating when I say it’s his worst. The physical capabilities of 80 year old actors playing 30 year olds is lacking. The scene of Deniro beating that guy up is so bad they should have scrapped the movie right there. I guess when they got to Jims part they were so used to the terrible performances they didn’t notice it.

Oh wait. They did. They had to give Jimmy lines that are verbatim Don Rickles quotes so the audience would even know who it was.
horrific seeing Bob make a fool of himself