• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jimmy Carr sucks

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout
He fucking stinks. If you want to ruin your day go listen to his JRE interview. Him and little joe waxing retarded about the “art form” of standup and honing their craft for 2 hours.

Dusty Dan

Forum Clout
Doesn’t sound very special to me. The mosquitos AIDS joke is kind of decent. British comedy fucking sucks in general though.
It was great once, now... not so much. I'm too out of touch to even comment on the latest stuff. I think the last new comedy I watched was that awful Shakespeare meets Black Adder thing with David Mitchell, which I switched off within minutes.

I think part of the issue is that people consume comedy in clip form now. Standups and panel shows are great for that, so the emphasis on decent sitcoms and dramadies has been lost.

The other issue is that I'm getting older. I've heard too many jokes before. I don't want to be entertained by someone who is trying to be funny all the time, so I'm more drawn to well written shows with funny moments.

G

Yeah he pretty much just does one liners and street jokes.

This will always make me laugh though

[MEDIA=youtube]bbcEwxuxE9k[/MEDIA]

Jimmy Carr was a lot like Frankie Boyle in that what made them funny was being incredibly cruel in the context of an otherwise fairly tame show, like Frankie on Mock The Week.

Their specials are 90% crowd work and jokes you've heard before. Frankie had some brutal jokes though.
I really fucking hate this show being recommended to me on YouTube, especially because of its title "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown". We're an intellectual gameshow... but we're WACKY!