• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jimmy Carr sucks

G

But he was really funny on oNa when he..... i cant do this

Are ya?

images (13).jpeg

Forum Clout
British stand up stinks.
Literally none of it is good. Stewart Lee is somebody people bring up as a good standup and he's just a windbag who thinks he's really clever. The last time they had good comedy TV programming was in the 2000s (like in America or anywhere else). Stuff like Harry and Paul/Anything Armando Iannucci or Chris Morris did is still great.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Stand up is shit but I'll credit him with clearly wanting that to be the main thing he does rather than a podcast or a sitcom. Plus as it's one liners it's probably really hard to dl it for 20+ years all over the world like he does

Forum Clout
Literally none of it is good. Stewart Lee is somebody people bring up as a good standup and he's just a windbag who thinks he's really clever. The last time they had good comedy TV programming was in the 2000s (like in America or anywhere else). Stuff like Harry and Paul/Anything Armando Iannucci or Chris Morris did is still great.

Only Jerry Sadowitz and early Frankie Boyle was the closest Britain got to good stand up, everyone else is fucking shit.

As for Stewart Lee.:image_9253_lg:

Dusty Dan

Forum Clout
Yeah he pretty much just does one liners and street jokes.

This will always make me laugh though

Jimmy Carr was a lot like Frankie Boyle in that what made them funny was being incredibly cruel in the context of an otherwise fairly tame show, like Frankie on Mock The Week.

Their specials are 90% crowd work and jokes you've heard before. Frankie had some brutal jokes though.