• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Is Anthony TRULY a lost cause?

Is Anthony a lost cause?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

You'd probably take a line of thinking that addiction is self imposed/made, you aren't addicted you are letting yourself be addicted and the "addiction" is a symptom of you not trying, motivation, depressed, whatever.

Which I don't even overly disagree with but I'd throw in a bit of literal chemical addiction and mental habit forming in there.
Yeah pretty close. Here's the most important thing, though: people who think my way get clean.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
He's too far gone. He's always been a thin-skinned, irresponsible alcoholic and his radio career has only served to heighten those vices. They started reaching critical mass after his firing, obscurity strengthening them further.

His alcoholism has passed the Lady Di point of no return, entrenched by equal parts denial and quiet resignation. His cocoon of leeches and sycophants has now encased him completely. He's spurned every naysayer and opportunity for self-reflection.

I have no idea how anyone can think that Anthony can change himself for the better when over the last decade the only thing he's achieved is to do everything in his power to further entrench his personality defects.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I have no idea how anyone can think that Anthony can change himself for the better when over the last decade the only thing he's achieved is to do everything in his power to further entrench his personality defects.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know why people think Ant could possibly change. He'd have to want to first and he so clearly doesn't. Post O&A, he's created a comfortable little bubble of alcohol, rage tweeting and streaming that he never wants to leave.

He's basically a 60 year old teenager and content to be that way. He'll 100% have his current lifestyle up until he dies.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Is anyone truly lost in theory? Maybe not.
Do people ever change in reality? Extremely rarely.
The amount of people I've seen die both famous and personal while still deeply entrenched in their character flaws of decades is almost all of them. Big change is extraordinarily daunting and uncomfortable for people who are young, with it, and healthy; Ant has none of that going for him.

One of his oldest flaws is one of his biggest: the inability to confront. That includes everything from others, to reality, to himself. His dad and his low-IQ blue collar upbringing fucked him up big time. Joke all you want about Treefort Richard or Crybaby Anthony but being dogged out and screamed at any time you try to show emotion or sensitivity will fucking ruin you. And like lots of abuse cases, Ant continued to protect his father, even after death.

In the parallel dimension, Ant finally accepted that this was traumatic and went to go get therapy to deal with his serial comfort seeking... he didn't do that in this one. Instead, he took a shitty HVAC job because it didn't require any studying or training, he cheated on his wife instead of getting divorced, he panicked and placated and settled during that divorce instead of challenging it, he kept handing Panhandle Joe checks instead of telling him he wasn't entitled to millions just for being an initial spark, he let Opie drag down the show for years and years both while it was on and behind the scenes, he ran to Twitter any time he had vitriol to express instead of thinking about dealing with something rationally, he kicked his genetic predisposition for alcoholism into overdrive so he wouldn't have to ever be alone with his internal monologue, and he goes to sleep every night with the TV on so he's in a perpetual state of stimulation.

He might have some Michael Jackson in him with that manchild mentality of wanting to retreat from all responsibility, hence the stupid playhouse mansion and all the debauchery... probably even the young girl attraction as well.

I can't blame him for having a shitty start, but I know plenty of people who try to fix themselves even in their pauce state. When you have millions of dollars and don't even try to invest any of it back into yourself, you don't have any excuse. He could have taken a year or several off, gone to some gorgeous beach country, have a round-the-clock therapist or whomever for guidance, and a team of chefs and maids to make sure the only thing he had to worry about was himself. Throwing all that away in one blackjack hand was a better idea I guess.

The major thing working against him now is the drinking. He has absolutely incurred either some brain or hormonal damage at this point, and his pickled nigger brain is just going to octuple down on everything he's fucked up. Looking at Joe, that might have even been the case without the booze.

In all of it, I don't give a fuck that he's racist or neurotic or that he isn't funny anymore, even the hypocrisy I could live with. Going after his former fans like that college kid or the bicycle guy because they made fun of him online is inexcusable... but the absolute worst of all is Selfcuttinggirl, and that's one of the only PUBLIC examples of his pedo shit. You can have the worst childhood in the world but the second you transfer that suffering onto others is when you don't deserve anymore sympathy.

I'm assuming going forward it's just going to be more of the same: drifting further and further away from old associates and losing more and more money to where he's just drinking to tolerate the misery of a $5 pot card game with Fred from Brooklyn and Steven S. Going to sleep with the TV on every night to block out the regret in the 500 SF apartment, maybe going on a comedy club stage every few months to 30 people to get a trickle of the glory days back. All until he's just a barely conscious demented old man Dawn's family will have to put in a nursing home. If you don't genuinely want to change, you won't.

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout
what-do-you-guys-think-bill-burr.gif
I just hate even seeing Bill Burr's face. Ya that mask he is wearing will save lives.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
He's basically a 60 year old teenager and content to be that way. He'll 100% have his current lifestyle up until he dies.
I'd say he's even regressed beyond his teenage and early adult years. Young Anthony was a bum but at least he did proactive and fun things, in a bummy sorta way. Ride horses, shoot guns, tinker with shit, play music.

Now he barely does anything with his time but drink, tweet, livestream to a meager audience and play video games poorly. He's amassed all the wealth just so he can have the lifestyle of a NEET basement dweller.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I'd say he's even regressed beyond his teenage and early adult years. Young Anthony was a bum but at least he did proactive and fun things, in a bummy sorta way. Ride horses, shoot guns, tinker with shit, play music.

Now he barely does anything with his time but drink, tweet, livestream to a meager audience and play video games poorly. He's amassed all the wealth just so he can have the lifestyle of a NEET basement dweller.

It's funny, I was watching this clip the other day and it's crazy how Ant is not the same person he was there at all. Like this isn't even him being especially funny but it's 10x funnier than anything he does these days. At least he had confidence there. It's like all his self-belief just evaporated the second he lost his gig at Sirius, which resulted in the Ant of the last 10 years i.e. nana.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Lmao who would have ever thought Ant would have ended up in a worst spot than Dice
Jackie Martling and Kinison predicted that Dice would fail upward every single time because he was a jew. Jackie basically flat out said on Stern that Dice's entire career was because he was really 'Silverstein'. He said Dice was a 'fake Italian with real leather'.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Jackie Martling and Kinison predicted that Dice would fail upward every single time because he was a jew. Jackie basically flat out said on Stern that Dice's entire career was because he was really 'Silverstein'. He said Dice was a 'fake Italian with real leather'.

Let's be honest here.
The leather probably was fake too.

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Forum Clout
His alcoholism has passed the Lady Di point of no return, entrenched by equal parts denial and quiet resignation. His cocoon of leeches and sycophants has now encased him completely. He's spurned every naysayer and opportunity for self-reflection.

Dr. Steve, I believe during Lady Di's internship week, said that there can be some sort of dramatic event that pushes an addict to change. Say, Cumia gets another heart attack thinking he is getting busted for CP when it's just the new South Carolina neighbors coming to say hi; there would be a slight chance he stops drinking, quits the show, deletes twitter and just goes away for at least a few years. Or it could push him to drink, tweet and molest even more, if that is physically possible.