• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Is Anthony TRULY a lost cause?

Is Anthony a lost cause?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I don't want Anthony to die or to kill himself.

I might wish him dead when he says something otherworldly in its stupidity, but these are rash remarks I am sober enough to regret, and take back. Which is what I am doing now. We must always remember that Anthony is drunk in everything that he says and does. For over 20 years, he has been a day-drinking phony liar. Eventually the effort needed to keep up those lies exhausts the liar, even with the added boost of alcohol.

Anthony has no regrets, and in fairness, this was one of the original qualities I was drawn to, for his part of the O&A style of humor. With "no regrets" naturally comes a lack of shame. He is incapable of dropping the fake macho act, so he has no idea how people truly see him. But that's alcohol-fueled bravado... Which we all experience when we drink. If you were buzzed constantly and had yes-men patting you on the back, you wouldn't know the difference either.

Anthony is also prone to dementia genetically, as well as addiction. Which he inherited and even directly learned from his mother and father. Watching dad drink and drive. SMOKING CRACK WITH HIS OWN MOTHER. Is it a fool's errand to even try to rehabilitate a person like this? For those of us dreamers out there who can envision a sober Anthony coming out of the closet and apologizing to Opie publicly...

"Look, he might have fallen off the side of the cliff, but he was doing great back there when he was just toeing the line! Let him up again!"

Won't see him no more. (I mean at the Cellar)

RapistWithHIV

With Osteoporosis.
Forum Clout
Is he a lost cause? Or is he just having an open & honest discussion?

sw1o5u0zndx21.jpg

Forum Clout
Barring some sort of totally miraculous rebirth, sometime within the next two to five years, Nana will suddenly disappear, and it'll turn out that he's in the hospital, with advanced liver disease. As soon as they wean him off the sauce, the dementia will begin to snowball, and he will die while waiting on the liver transplant list. A few old coworkers, guests, and colleagues will tweet brief condolences, and after that he'll be quickly forgotten. IMO that's the absolute best case scenario.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
His friends from the last few decades have basically abandoned him. He is possibly financially destitute. He has a near crippling alcohol addiction. He beat his girlfriend badly enough to break her bones. He cannot work in radio or comedy like he used to because he is no longer funny, entertaining, nor motivated. He is too told to learn anything new but doesn't seem to have enough money or inclination to just retire. He has already had at least one heart attack.

He is in serious danger of basically dying alone like many aged rock stars or comics or whatever. Childless and surrounded by empty beer bottles.

Forum Clout
His friends from the last few decades have basically abandoned him. He is possibly financially destitute. He has a near crippling alcohol addiction. He beat his girlfriend badly enough to break her bones. He cannot work in radio or comedy like he used to because he is no longer funny, entertaining, nor motivated. He is too told to learn anything new but doesn't seem to have enough money or inclination to just retire. He has already had at least one heart attack.

He is in serious danger of basically dying alone like many aged rock stars or comics or whatever. Childless and surrounded by empty beer bottles.
Missy will hang in there until the money runs out. She’s screwed once he passes though because without income she won’t be able to make the payments on the SC house. None of them will, not Dawn nor Joe.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Barring some sort of totally miraculous rebirth, sometime within the next two to five years, Nana will suddenly disappear, and it'll turn out that he's in the hospital, with advanced liver disease. As soon as they wean him off the sauce, the dementia will begin to snowball, and he will die while waiting on the liver transplant list. A few old coworkers, guests, and colleagues will tweet brief condolences, and after that he'll be quickly forgotten. IMO that's the absolute best case scenario.

Honestly I’m amazed he isn’t dead already. Every single picture or video I’ve seen of him post O&A, he always, fucking always has a drink in his hand. He must be buzzed constantly throughout the day and then probably drinks enough booze to pass out and quash the overwhelming homosexual thoughts every single night.

I’ve had my problems with booze in the past but never been as bad as Anthony with the constant need to have alcohol within reach at every hour of the day. To answer the question of the poll - yes, he’s 100% a lost cause.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I’m going to be a contrarian and say that his nigger ragebait addiction has been far more destructive to his career and talent than the alcohol. And judging by how often he uses twitter there’s no way he’s coming back from that. He’s definitely not on the Stanhope level of drinking.

I feel like blaming his personality change on the alcohol is giving him an easy out. His downfall was 100% his own doing and there’s no excuse for it. He has zero self-awareness and is an insane narcissist who thinks he’s a comedy martyr that has no room to improve in any facet of his life.

AWetBlanket

Forum Clout
I don't want Anthony to die or to kill himself.

I might wish him dead when he says something otherworldly in its stupidity, but these are rash remarks I am sober enough to regret, and take back. Which is what I am doing now. We must always remember that Anthony is drunk in everything that he says and does. For over 20 years, he has been a day-drinking phony liar. Eventually the effort needed to keep up those lies exhausts the liar, even with the added boost of alcohol.

Anthony has no regrets, and in fairness, this was one of the original qualities I was drawn to, for his part of the O&A style of humor. With "no regrets" naturally comes a lack of shame. He is incapable of dropping the fake macho act, so he has no idea how people truly see him. But that's alcohol-fueled bravado... Which we all experience when we drink. If you were buzzed constantly and had yes-men patting you on the back, you wouldn't know the difference either.

Anthony is also prone to dementia genetically, as well as addiction. Which he inherited and even directly learned from his mother and father. Watching dad drink and drive. SMOKING CRACK WITH HIS OWN MOTHER. Is it a fool's errand to even try to rehabilitate a person like this? For those of us dreamers out there who can envision a sober Anthony coming out of the closet and apologizing to Opie publicly...

"Look, he might have fallen off the side of the cliff, but he was doing great back there when he was just toeing the line! Let him up again!"

Won't see him no more. (I mean at the Cellar)
He’s not people

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout

Remember when he said that he would consider getting a part time radio job in SC when he moved there?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Lets look at this…

Anthony cannot be rehabilitated for his substance abuses. The first step to getting over drinking is realizing you have a problem and he will NEVER realize that. Combine this with being 60+ and his chance or will to change grows smaller every year.

Anthony cannot be rehabilitated career wise. He has lost an insane amount of money, listeners, and fans. He has buried himself in so much toxicity from pedophilia to racism to domestic abuse that he will never he accepted at a real job besides Compound. Anytime a company like SXM gives him a chance it gets to his head and he says some shit that makes him more unemployable.

Anthony cannot be rehabilitated mentally. This is a guy who shrugged off therapy and the advice he got in it when he DID go because he didn’t want to be a “victim”. Yeah yeah, I know, therapy is a jewish scam. I’m not saying the dude had to go see a shrink every week. But therapy gives you tools for self awareness that Anthony obviously doesn’t have and desperately needs. His psyche has been built around being a freedom fighter that the more people leave him the more it strengthens this perception, rather than accepting it’s because he sucks as a human.

Anthony cannot be rehabilitated socially. He has burned an insane amount of bridges, and not in an Opie “career” way. I’ve said it before. If Opie just let go of some of his grievances he could become friends with his old coworkers. Anthony couldn’t because the shit he airs is all personal, like Burrs nigger wife or Derosa being a liberal slimeball. No one will ever associate with him deeply because they know he has a hair trigger and will leak all their personal details with venom if they say he talks about black crime too much.

He’s fucked, basically.