• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I’m tired of pretending Opie isn’t funny.

Forum Clout
This is simply false. Almost every show either Jim or Anthony had everyone rolling to the point where after a week and a half or so of not getting it, we'd award Opie with Line Of The Day as charity and to avoid a tantrum.
Worst example of Opie bringing something to a halt with not getting comedy was during the first WBAB show beating where he screamed over literally everybody in studio that was riffing naturally to tell some unfunny story about his brother getting caught in the bathtub doing something gay or whatever. Genuinely killed the flow more than any other moment.

Also instances like when he went "Wuh happen?" when Ant did his Jack Subpar line while Jim was already laughing.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Worst example of Opie bringing something to a halt with not getting comedy was during the first WBAB show beating where he screamed over literally everybody in studio that was riffing naturally to tell some unfunny story about his brother getting caught in the bathtub doing something gay or whatever. Genuinely killed the flow more than any other moment.
He was blowing himself in the bathtub, and Opies mom came running in going HONEY BRETS GAY!!!!

Also instances like when he went "Wuh happen?" when Ant did his Jack Subpar line while Jim was already laughing.
I actually liked that. A lul self aware…just a lul bit…that he was missing something.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
This is simply false. Almost every show either Jim or Anthony had everyone rolling to the point where after a week and a half or so of not getting it, we'd award Opie with Line Of The Day as charity and to avoid a tantrum.
Another lie from the kike. There were entire shows where Norton would do nothing but bomb or make pedophile references. Or shows where Anthony would literally just repeat lines fed to him by listeners whilst hungover. And shows where Opie would kill and the two faggots would deliberately try not to laugh. Also 'line of the day' was yet another bit created by Opie. Nice try with the hate.

We know that Worm and Nana literally held meetings where they decided to not laugh at Opie's jokes and laugh hard at each other's lame jokes no matter how bad they were. Start a mudslide with your first. Two faggots making sodomite fisting jokes to each other and fake laughing over the top at each other.

Forum Clout
He was blowing himself in the bathtub, and Opies mom came running in going HONEY BRETS GAY!!!!
It was so not funny with how he delivered it and he talked over I think like Vos, Patrice, Jim, and Ant to get it through. They were all dead silent when he told it.

I actually liked that. A lul self aware…just a lul bit…that he was missing something.
Sometimes the aloofness was intentional but sometimes he genuinely just could not keep up.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Worst example of Opie bringing something to a halt with not getting comedy was during the first WBAB show beating where he screamed over literally everybody in studio that was riffing naturally to tell some unfunny story about his brother getting caught in the bathtub doing something gay or whatever.
Wrong, faggot. That was all Anthony. Nice try with the hate though. Go back and listen. Opie tells Patrice "you guys reveal too much about yourselves on the show". Patrice says "Opie and Anthony never tell any embarrassing moments about themselves". Then Anthony immediately chimes in with "I talked about my dad showering with me as a kid".

This leads to a bunch of Anthony getting molested by dad jokes. Everyone is ripping on Anthony and his father. Opie tells Anthony "why did you bring that up?". Then Anthony says "Opie's brother got caught blowing himself in the bathtub". To deflect the attention away. Then Opie tells the story quickly and they move on.

Another example of Opie haters having to lie about the Destroyer.

Forum Clout
Wrong, faggot. That was all Anthony. Nice try with the hate though. Go back and listen. Opie tells Patrice "you guys reveal too much about yourselves on the show". Patrice says "Opie and Anthony never tell any embarrassing moments about themselves". Then Anthony immediately chimes in with "I talked about my dad showering with me as a kid".

This leads to a bunch of Anthony getting molested by dad jokes. Everyone is ripping on Anthony and his father. Opie tells Anthony "why did you bring that up?". Then Anthony says "Opie's brother got caught blowing himself in the bathtub". To deflect the attention away. Then Opie tells the story quickly and they move on.

Another example of Opie haters having to lie about the Destroyer.
He yelled over them and it wasn't a funny story which is something you leave out of this. I like Opie just fine, but just because Ant and Jim have been terrible for a decade or so doesn't mean Opie was this hidden gem of comedy. He wasn't as bad as people say, but all three of them by themselves stink on ice.

Was Opie "destroying" when he did that bitchy fucking bullshit over the alleged Bam Margera sex tape where when Anthony tried to make some jokes he got angry at him? He acted like a whiny girl over a fake sex tape instead of just saying it was silly, which it was. Anthony ranting about blacks non-stop since 2013/2014 doesn't mean Opie was suddenly the secret talent that we all ignored. He had moments of immense faggotry.

Forum Clout
Too bad he was rarely funny enough to be a regular recipient. What do you guys get out pretending Opie is some wild talent, it's so fucking cringe and weird.

He WAS a talent, not so much a comedic one but billion dollar companies don't just give you a salary for millions and millions of dollars a year for years because you're bad at what you do or are easily replaceable.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
He WAS a talent, not so much a comedic one but billion dollar companies don't just give you a salary for millions and millions of dollars a year for years because you're bad at what you do or are easily replaceable.

This is where you're so totally wrong. All that matters for advertisers is the Opie & Anthony brand. It doesn't matter who the funny one is or if either of them are even funny at all. As long as they can sell "Opie & Anthony". Let's also not forget the long line of comedians who held the show up when it should've toppled over. That helped the "Opie & Anthony" brand and neither Opie or Anthony had much to do with it.

Now you get rid of Opie. There's no more "Opie & Anthony" to sell. Who the fuck is going to buy time on The Anthony Show. What is that. I never heard of it.

Opie & Anthony? Oh yeah, those guys that had sex in a church? - This is the answer you get 9 out of 10 times. People still remember the Opie & Anthony brand from 20 years ago. THAT, was worth millions at one point in time. Now? Not so much.

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout
Without Opster steering the ship all Jim wanted to talk about was his absolutely disgusting sexual proclivities and his hack character bits while all Nana wanted to talk about was his obsession with N people. Now that they are both free and clear of Opie that is exactly what they do and both of their careers are dead.

Whatever good luck to ya there Jim and Ant. Not my fawkin problem.

Forum Clout
Now you get rid of Opie. There's no more "Opie & Anthony" to sell. Who the fuck is going to buy time on The Anthony Show. What is that. I never heard of it.
2F8A14C300000578-3368063-image-m-18_1450656959928.jpg

Forum Clout
Too bad he was rarely funny enough to be a regular recipient. What do you guys get out pretending Opie is some wild talent, it's so fucking cringe and weird.
How could we possibly be expected to take what you say on this matter seriously? You’ve proven you have a huge problem with your bosses at every job you’ve had, you hated Opie to the point of bragging to us about making inside jokes about him to his face (the way 12 year old girls do) and you thought Anthony was your best friend. Of course you’d think Opie was unfunny and Anthony was the greatest comedic mind of all time, at least until he stopped inviting you to the cool kids table, then you gave him the worst backstabbing in O&A history.

Forum Clout
Every time I listen to WNEW stuff I'm surprised by how funny Opie was. Maybe it's because at that point O&A still had that chemistry, maaan.
WNEW was probably the best the "Opie & Anthony" show was, because it was OPIE and ANTHONY, and Jim wasn't fully third mic yet. I think Sex for Sam 3, losing their markets (IIRC they were beating Stern in the ratings in New York before cancellation), having to start over on XM with very little listenership, and Opie being relegated to "steering the ship" and not the main 1/2 of the duo the show's named after soured him a lot. He is notably better on WNEW. They would have eventually jumped over to satellite sooner or later but more of the FM era existing would have been nice, instead of it ending over a stupid sex stunt. A guy died basically due to the stress of the aftermath, we lost out on two years of great comedians coming in. The dumbest thing they ever did by far besides Anthony's firing in 2014 over the tweets.

Opie is very good at something he'd never want to be; a PD. He got Patrice his own show, was the one who thought Jim would make a good third mic, and so on. He is good at picking the right people.