• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I’m tired of pretending Opie isn’t funny.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Sure, he doesn’t have the AMOUNT of funny lines as Ant or Jim. But he’s not completely humorless. The more I relisten to clips the more I notice Opies lines. They’re said subtly, they don’t get over the top hyena laughter like the shit Ant or Jim say, but it’s still funny.

Oh you want me to list some if i’m so confident? Sorry, i’m not a zombie who keeps track of other mens funny accomplishments.

Ok, but I will give a simple one (that i’ve given before.)

Talking about Todd and his shitty frosted hair. Erock walks into studio.

Opie: Lets talk to a guy who REALLY loves frosting….

The only person who laughs is Sam, and as we all know he doesn’t give a shit about the content of a joke but who’s saying it.

Ant: Yeah he loves frosting, on his head and in it

Cue the BIGGEST laugh break from Jimmy ala “Use your fist to make a mudslide.” Even Opie says “WHAT WHEN I SAID IT SUBTLY IT WASNT FUNNY??” to which Jim starts getting defensive, knowing he’s giving a hackney response to his gay studio boyfriend making a lazy joke.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
I was listening to the Catch A Predator mega cut last night, and Opie taking a call whenever the other guys are getting way too fuckin degenerate would always make me laugh. He was trying to save his fuckin show by doing that. Fuck your flow.
They were just exploring dark places, man. It’s part of the craft of comedy, to go where people don’t want to.
36316EE2-31ED-4841-828A-1E5A3A516AE6.jpeg

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
They were just exploring dark places, man. It’s part of the craft of comedy, to go where people don’t want to.
View attachment 172348
"Just think Bill, there are people out there that were smiling after hearing your act and immediately went back in the house and raped a young boy"

OKAY HERES A CALL FROM REGINALD HOAGENSHWARTZ

BenDovid

Forum Clout
When he had a gem, though,

This was so few and far between though. Somebody mentioned a clip of when a retard gets banned from church. I didn't remember that bit so I listened to it. It's a good example of Opie being Opie. There's no original lines, he does a "your joke but worse" and his only source of contribution is reading subpar instant feedback lines. Listen to Anti-Semitic Happy Days. Same exact Opie.

So if there were a dozen or so Opie "gems", what about the thousands of other shows where we got road apples instead.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
So if there were a dozen or so Opie "gems", what about the thousands of other shows where we got road apples instead.
This is the same thing with Anthony or Jim lines. Some gems, a lot of misses. The example I cited in my OP is perfect. Opie makes a genuinely good subtle joke. Gets nothing. Anthony makes the exact same joke only extremely obvious to the point where all humor is lost, yet it gets a HUGE reaction from Jim. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Thinking he’s the least funny of the three? Acceptable. The idea that he could NEVER be funny? Just statistically can’t be true. Even the shittiest batters in the MLB hit sometimes.