• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I hope the "Mexican" was a brotherman. Like Nana's Contractor.

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
Forum Clout
I don't understand it either. Why the insistence on doing his gay podcast from that studio? Does that "legitimatize" it for him somehow? Does reporting to a studio to do his "show" make him feel like a celebrity? Or is there some sort of financial reason why he does it? The whole idea that he needs to rent an apartment in order to be near that studio makes no sense whatsoever, and it must cost him tens of thousands of dollars a year to do so.
Midtown Manhattan at least has cheap real estate for a studio right? Oh, wait…

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Forum Clout
This is such a fucking good example. I am a huge Sopranos fan. There’s that episode where AJ is trying to get pussy so he’s bragging about how rich he is. His friends come to his home and wonder where the Tiger is and why it’s not the Corleone mansion. Then he goes to this girls house and shes ACTUALLY rich with her parents being art collectors and having a big house. The simple plot point is “AJ feels stupid for bragging about being rich when he’s not.” The larger point not explicitly told to you is that Tony, despite living the life of crime that we assume comes with riches, lives in a upper middle class neighborhood next to doctors. You then have to ask if a life of murder and crime is worth that. Basically the entirety of the Sopranos works to debunk the mythos of the mob. In Goodfellas you have guys robbing airports for millions like its another day. In the Sopranos you have the guys saying truckloads of multivitamins and pool toys is “a real fuckin’ score.” The Sopranos, of ANY Italian mafia show, specifically shows the audience that all these guys are gaudy niggers who just like living lawlessly…

and of course Anthony misses that. And thinks Tonys house is awesome and the pinnacle of wealth.
That's one of my favorite moments in the show. AJ is scared he'll intimidate this girl because he has a maid, when probably every kid in his class has at least that plus more staff running their house. Carmela's dumbass with "Don't even ask how much that cost... $3000!" Just pure garbage.
Then they go to the girl's place and the guard house is bigger than Tony's.

I think Chase makes it very clear what he thinks of Italians when that guy's car gets stolen in front of his family and he screams "NIGGERS". His wife is all shocked and he shouts "WELL WHO ELSE?!" And the next cut is Tony fucking Soprano grinning like a Cheshire cat looking the car over.

If you watch Sopranos or, every gutter person's other favorite "it's so funny!" show, the Boondocks, you can form an opinion on the people who think either one is the funniest thing in the world when in reality each show is a brutal critique of the culture with some funny scenes thrown in.

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
Anyone who's been to Italy knows the Cumias aren't Italian, at least not more than a couple generations back. He's an arab through and through, and just like an Arab he wishes desperately he was white and America yeehaw Johnny Hollywood. The only difference is he bought a Mustang instead of a BMW.

"I hate Italians more than niggers" is a gargantuanly amerimutt take. Americans think irish are the pinnacle of white identity ffs
Nobody's saying the Cumias are from Tirol. Sue's talking about greaseballs and he's correct.

Forum Clout
Nothing pisses me off more than his blatant misunderstanding of the Sopranos. The entire show is a critique on Tony. Basically anything that comes out of his mouth is flagrantly hypocritical or bullshit made to paint the guy as a morally corrupt fool. The show is relatively smart in not shining flashing lights saying “TONY IS A BAD PERSON - HE IS LYING HERE AND IS BEING HYPOCRITICAL”. However it allows blatant fucking retards like Nana to misinterpret the entire show as Tony being unfathomably based.

There are so many examples of this but i’ll just name a few. Nana thinks Tony hating AJ and criticizing him for being on the computer is so BASED!!!! AJS A SPOILED MILLENNIAL!!! Not realizing that the greater subtext is Tony has driven his son into this life. He was born privileged and given 0 responsibilities. He won’t go into the mob because Tony doesn’t want him to. Can’t go into the army because Carmela doesn’t want him to. He’s trapped between the dichotomy of strict parenting and ultra nurturing ones and it leads him utterly directionless. We see an important example of this in the same season. Tony constantly critiques his son for not being manly and taking no responsibility. AJ attempts to stab Junior which Tony viciously disapproves of, despite it being exactly what Tony expects his son to be. But he also doesn’t want his son to be like him.

If you think Tony Soprano is badass you have to be a delusion low IQ wop. I mean the entire conflict of the series is about him going to therapy because he’s so traumatized by his upbringing and conflicting worldview / feelings. The scene where he’s talking to Melfi about how he’s not going to hell when he dies because he’s a “soldier” is seen by Ant to be so based and true. In reality it’s just an evil guy making a justification about how “Yeah I kill people but i’m not Hitler”.
Anyone who "hates AJ" because he's annoying is an absolute retard who fails to see that AJ is completely fucked up due to the fact his dad is Tony Soprano. Likewise, Meadow was the "smart one" and you see as she gets deeper and deeper into her law career, she also sinks into the Mob life when she runs down her friend for talking about "This thing of ours" in front of outsiders

Forum Clout
Anyone who's been to Italy knows the Cumias aren't Italian, at least not more than a couple generations back. He's an arab through and through, and just like an Arab he wishes desperately he was white and America yeehaw Johnny Hollywood. The only difference is he bought a Mustang instead of a BMW.

"I hate Italians more than niggers" is a gargantuanly amerimutt take. Americans think irish are the pinnacle of white identity ffs
Also like an arab he wants to marry a 9 year old

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Anyone who "hates AJ" because he's annoying is an absolute retard who fails to see that AJ is completely fucked up due to the fact his dad is Tony Soprano. Likewise, Meadow was the "smart one" and you see as she gets deeper and deeper into her law career, she also sinks into the Mob life when she runs down her friend for talking about "This thing of ours" in front of outsiders
AJ and Meadow are child abuse victims. Not sexual abuse but emotional and physical abuse for sure.

AJ sees his father break things in the house and yell constantly. He knows the rumors in the news about Tony and Junior fighting and trying to kill each other. His Godfather Big Pussy disappears twice then finally forever. His Uncle Christopher has his fiance just vanish. A bunch of other people get whacked like Brendan, Bobby, and Silvio. Ralph just vanishes. Christopher dies high on drugs. Tony is detained for murdering Matthew Bevilaqua and Anthony and Meadow know he is obviously guilty. All of AJ's friends mention the mafia. AJ's enemies at school are terrified of Tony. AJ can't go anywhere without people asking about his father's business.

AJ's parents also ignore him constantly. Like his father doesn't go to AJ's swim meet because he is hiding from police over killing Matthew. Later AJ takes out his rage by breaking into the school with Lady Gaga and trashing the pool. And years later AJ just gives up and tries to kill himself in the backyard. And instead of escaping his family his father basically buys him a career making B-movies because Tony is humiliated in public that his son is a failure. AJ will never be in the mafia so in the end he gets to live a better life than Tony. Though if you think Tony got his brains splattered in Holstein's Diner than AJ will probably be dead of suicide after witnessing that.

Meadow sees all of those murders and has seen her own boyfriend murdered as well. And years later goes to NYC and has Coco threaten to rape her and sicks her father on the guy knowing Tony will beat the guy to death most likely. By the end of the show Meadow is not only a mafia wife but a seasoned mafia wife in that she marries a mob lawyer and not a made guy who will get killed. So she upgrades from Carmela's situation by marrying a lawyer who never will get whacked and likely not arrested. And she is a lawyer herself unlike Carmela who regretted not completing school.

Forum Clout
One has to wonder why a guy who owns his own home AND rents an apartment needs a hotel room in the first place. Perhaps if he didn't drink himself stupid all weekend, he could have just gone home instead of splurging for a hotel room not far from where he lives.
He got rid of the apartment. The lease ended July. He is staying in a hotel near the studio and only goes to SC maybe one weekend a month. He went Labor Day weekend and came back. Missy was conveniently out of town at Disney when he went down there.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Mandatory Sopranos reference in there
and he gives this example like 1) it's not an instance of Tony being a classless pig 2) putting the renaissance on the same level as The Plaza overlooking the Park.

And 300 isn't even a lot to pay. I've spent that much for a night in Louisville for a nice hotel.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
His life is a mess. And he’s earned it.
Everything that made anthony so mad about this was likely 100 percent his fault. What was he doing that he was so exhausted coming back from SC? Shouldn't he be relaxing? Instead he probably stayed up all night playing video games and pounding beers when he knew he had to go to the airport in the morning figuring he'd just crash when he got to the hotel. Then when he couldn't immediately check in drop his bags and pass out like he wanted to to he got irrationally angry, which is why he had to be annoyed at the (probably black) music they were "blasting".

Also I hate his tendency to shoehorn fuck into sentences to show he's angry. "At the FUCK Renaissance". Of course all the boomers in his fan base are commenting their own stories of how Customer Services isn't what it used to be.