• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How we doin New York Citay?!?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Here's a good compilation of what you're talking about. I was rewatching 2002 WWF/WWE recently and there were O&A signs in the crowd more than once, there's one when HHH returned at MSG during Raw right in the front row. I know saying they were at their best during WNEW is sort of hack, but I really do enjoy the energy of the pre-satellite days. Everybody seems to actually be having fun.

Even just a one off appearance at a PPV or at the WWF New York location during a Raw. I'm sure they would have if asked. Imagine them doing commentary for a match, lol.

I’m sure the WWE tried to get Stern to show up on RAW back in the attitude / aggression era since he was the big shock jock “king of media” but turned it down. ONA would have made sense for at least when Raw / PPV would be at the garden. They had Hank the angry drunken dwarf and crack head Bob on Raw and Beetlejuice got hit by a guitar from Jeff Jarrett on WCW.

Forum Clout
I’m sure the WWE tried to get Stern to show up on RAW back in the attitude / aggression era since he was the big shock jock “king of media” but turned it down. ONA would have made sense for at least when Raw / PPV would be at the garden. They had Hank the angry drunken dwarf and crack head Bob on Raw and Beetlejuice got hit by a guitar from Jeff Jarrett on WCW.
Yeah, I remember Beetlejuice on WCW, and I agree about Stern. 100% believe he was asked and said no. They had Nicole Bass on WWF shows for a little while and then she went to ECW, I think. O&A would have absolutely done it if asked, like I said, so either they weren't asked, or they couldn't schedule around the show to make time to do it.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
I like how neither Opie or Anthony were interviewed for the XFL 30 for 30, but were just mentioned in passing as another embarrassing mistake the league made.
They could mabey beat the NFL today remember back then the NFL wasn't lame like it is now

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
How did them getting hired by Vince for the XFL even happen in the first place? Wish they did an appearance on WWF programming instead.

Vince went to WNEW one year to promote WrestleMania XV in Philly. On that very day he came an O&A Pest and would listen daily, would call up and send his kids Shane and Stephanie to guest on the show all the time. O&A were the only brand the WWF sponsored who regularly hit back, and they earned Vince's respect by using his own tactics against him. In later years it seemed like Vince backed off when O&A were getting too mean.

O&A made friends with a lot of the WWF tristate locals who coincidentally were all former ECW guys, like Buh-Buh Ray Dudley, Tazz, Al Snow, Mick Foley. Paul Heyman was trying to get on O&A and Ron & Fez for many years and only got on like once to promote ECW One Night Stand 2005.

Even just a one off appearance at a PPV or at the WWF New York location during a Raw. I'm sure they would have if asked. Imagine them doing commentary for a match, lol.

Patrice Oneal did a bunch of segments with Chyna on Sunday Night HEAT

THE D

Forum Clout
Vince went to WNEW one year to promote WrestleMania XV in Philly. On that very day he came an O&A Pest and would listen daily, would call up and send his kids Shane and Stephanie to guest on the show all the time. O&A were the only brand the WWF sponsored who regularly hit back, and they earned Vince's respect by using his own tactics against him. In later years it seemed like Vince backed off when O&A were getting too mean.

O&A made friends with a lot of the WWF tristate locals who coincidentally were all former ECW guys, like Buh-Buh Ray Dudley, Tazz, Al Snow, Mick Foley. Paul Heyman was trying to get on O&A and Ron & Fez for many years and only got on like once to promote ECW One Night Stand 2005.

Patrice Oneal did a bunch of segments with Chyna on Sunday Night HEAT

Oh and The DMAN almost forgot... Michael Cole (who was basically Vince's mouth piece) was a psychotic undercover O&A Pest who used to slip references to the show into WWE.COM when he was running the website. The whole Fandango thing was likely because of him too. You would never know it because Cole was such a vanilla bore and he sucked on the mic, but he is one of us mutants.

Forum Clout
I only remember the first one, when I saw O&A for the first time. Nana was standing there with his arms folded, nodding with approval, and I thought ooof-ah, face made for radio. It was a really embarrassing time, pop-culture wise.

Forum Clout

This is more detailed and more what I was trying to find out (When they actually started working with each other specifically) than what Danny said (Sorry Danny), I'm guessing a good amount of 1999 WWF/O&A content is missing publicly now? Why couldn't Paul E. get on O&A? Scheduling problems or something else?

Oh and The DMAN almost forgot... Michael Cole (who was basically Vince's mouth piece) was a psychotic undercover O&A Pest who used to slip references to the show into WWE.COM when he was running the website. The whole Fandango thing was likely because of him too. You would never know it because Cole was such a vanilla bore and he sucked on the mic, but he is one of us mutants.
This rules if it's true. Michael Cole when he's not beholden to Vince in the gorilla position is fine. The best commentary teams WWF/WWE had was King/JR on Raw, Tazz/Cole on Smackdown. It was perfect. There's that one clip where he stands up to Vince and immediately backs down and you just know Vince was screaming at him.

THE D

Forum Clout
I'm guessing a good amount of 1999 WWF/O&A content is missing publicly now?

A lot of 98, 99 and 2000 is missing from the archives but Opie claims to have the original master tapes, Erock likely has low quality rips if anything.

If Erock really has everything as Danny claimed, the O&A Worst ofs would have been a lot better and included more old material. They claimed to not have any access to their old content in the beginning of XM.

Why couldn't Paul E. get on O&A? Scheduling problems or something else?

O&A probably passed on him many times either not knowing who he was, or O&A were fiercely loyal to the WWF even though ECW was quietly a WWF subsidiary. Most hardcore autists are not even aware of how personally Vince took it when O&A publicly rejected WCW's calls, and told WCW not to contact them anymore because they were loyal to the WWF growing up watching it and having met Vince in person. Vince loved O&A because he was an emotional bitch about WCW raping him. "I'm pretty goddamn far from okay, pal. I'm gonna call a couple hardcore pipe hittin' Superstars"

There were always WOW signs at big ECW PPVs, all that broke attendance records had at least 1 O&A sign, The DMAN wants to say it was Anarchy Rulez 2000 that had a bunch, and a few of the last HARDCORETV episodes in 2000.

Also, Howard ignored Vince's pitches to be on WrestleMania or the Slammys everytime, and Howard started interviewing WCW guys. Vince and O&A became allies accidentally but were perfect for each other. O&A should have absolutely hosted one of the WWF recap shows that aired in New York. WWF had been doing localized content for NYC with Vince Russo and Paul Heyman hosting those little talking head recap shows in their respective eras. Barely any tapes of those shows survive. O&A should have done a show for Radio WWF.

THE D

Forum Clout
This rules if it's true. Michael Cole when he's not beholden to Vince in the gorilla position is fine. The best commentary teams WWF/WWE had was King/JR on Raw, Tazz/Cole on Smackdown. It was perfect. There's that one clip where he stands up to Vince and immediately backs down and you just know Vince was screaming at him.

Lol, The DMAN remembers when Michael Cole first appeared in the WWF, everyone agreed he was just Todd Pettingell 2.0 rocking the faggot frosted tips with "his little narrow ass" in the words of stroke mouth Jim Ross.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Here's a good compilation of what you're talking about. I was rewatching 2002 WWF/WWE recently and there were O&A signs in the crowd more than once, there's one when HHH returned at MSG during Raw right in the front row. I know saying they were at their best during WNEW is sort of hack, but I really do enjoy the energy of the pre-satellite days. Everybody seems to actually be having fun.

I couldn't go back and listen except for some Dice appearances/calls, but the energy and humour of the show back then was so of the zeitgeist. The XFL is pre-9/11, so well before anything got treated seriously.

Forum Clout
Lol, The DMAN remembers when Michael Cole first appeared in the WWF, everyone agreed he was just Todd Pettingell 2.0 rocking the faggot frosted tips with "his little narrow ass" in the words of stroke mouth Jim Ross.

Cole's best era was like 2002-2005. Early on he was dweebish, but now he's just boring. JR is of course the best wrestling commentator ever, it's the popular opinion but it's the right one.

I couldn't go back and listen except for some Dice appearances/calls, but the energy and humour of the show back then was so of the zeitgeist. The XFL is pre-9/11, so well before anything got treated seriously.
Whatever hacky "of the era" humor existed on WNEW is made up for by the energy and zeitgeist the show was a part of at the time. I prefer South Park impressions to Jim doing 5 different characters at once while talking about Quincy ME.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Cole's best era was like 2002-2005. Early on he was dweebish, but now he's just boring. JR is of course the best wrestling commentator ever, it's the popular opinion but it's the right one.
Cole and Tazz probably surpassed JR and King at one point. Cole was okay and Tazz was funny, meanwhile while JR was always great stupid Jerry got worse and worse after he came back from quitting.

JR and King added so much to the product during the Attitude Era, but you could argue JR and Heyman was an even better team. Heyman was there when Austin turned heel and the Invasion angle so it's overlooked. I think they were a team in WCW but I wasn't watching then.

Oh and JR and Tazz did the commentary for a couple of Rumbles and they were great. That could've been a thing.

Forum Clout
Cole and Tazz probably surpassed JR and King at one point. Cole was okay and Tazz was funny, meanwhile while JR was always great stupid Jerry got worse and worse after he came back from quitting.

JR and King added so much to the product during the Attitude Era, but you could argue JR and Heyman was an even better team. Heyman was there when Austin turned heel and the Invasion angle so it's overlooked. I think they were a team in WCW but I wasn't watching then.

Oh and JR and Tazz did the commentary for a couple of Rumbles and they were great. That could've been a thing.
Jerry stopped being a heel commentator at some point and that's probably when he started to suck. I was a big Smackdown guy in the early 2000s (Watched it a lot more than Raw) so I have a fondness for that era of WWE with Cole/Tazz on commentary a lot. That 2001 era of JR/Heyman is underrated, never gets talked about anymore and only happened because King left WWF for his wife who he divorced anyway.

It's very gay to say this but there are JR calls where if you don't get goosebumps hearing them you're not human to me. It's like how some films are made 50% better due to the soundtrack.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Jerry stopped being a heel commentator at some point and that's probably when he started to suck. I was a big Smackdown guy in the early 2000s (Watched it a lot more than Raw) so I have a fondness for that era of WWE with Cole/Tazz on commentary a lot.
IIRC Heyman was the head writer for SD while cocksucker Bruce Prichard was on Raw. I don't think Heyman's perfect but Prichard's fucking worthless.

That 2001 era of JR/Heyman is underrated, never gets talked about anymore and only happened because King left WWF for his wife who he divorced anyway.
And, despite the Invasion angle sucking and all that... the shows overall were still quite good. At least compared to the years that would follow. People forget, but, at least during that time there was an anticipation that something exciting could happen. Raw in 2003 was like televised AIDS.

Forum Clout
IIRC Heyman was the head writer for SD while cocksucker Bruce Prichard was on Raw. I don't think Heyman's perfect but Prichard's fucking worthless.
That explains why Raw was so fucking bad for the most part in 2002/2003. Was Brother Love the dumbfuck who thought HBK's big return being Nash lumbers out to the ring to announce he's the new nWo member was the best way to do it?

And, despite the Invasion angle sucking and all that... the shows overall were still quite good. At least compared to the years that would follow. People forget, but, at least during that time there was an anticipation that something exciting could happen. Raw in 2003 was like televised AIDS.
Invasion could have been the biggest wrestling angle in history and Vince instead used it to be a spiteful asshole by having WCW/ECW be represented by midcarders and WWF talent and using it to bury those promotions. After WM X-7 Vince immediately started to make bad decisions. When he tried testing the waters for a WWF-produced WCW revival, he did it by using a Monday Night Raw in Tacoma, WA for a Buff Bagwell/Booker T match that I don't think was advertised to the audience. Mind you, Raw was being taped in fucking Atlanta of all places the next week, and he didn't do it there. What a silly fucking guy he is.

Imagine how great it would have been if we got WWF Raw, WCW Thunder, and ECW on the weekend post-2001 buyout. Instead we got what we got.