• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How we doin New York Citay?!?

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
This line on the O&A wikipedia page always gets my ribs.

"The show was cancelled after four weeks; McMahon stated that he had no creative control, adding: 'I heard it was horrible. Had I seen it, I would have shut it down."

Vince knew about it. He pretended he never heard of it during the Bob Costas interview, because he was bashing the XFL. Vince threw them under the bus and acknowledged it when he called O&A later that week.

I hate to sound like a Youtube commenter but Anthony is doing an okay job here while his "broadcasting since he was a teenager" partner is an awkward, stuttering, charmless, panicking disaster.

What video did you even watch? Opie didn't stutter one time. Literally not once.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
How did them getting hired by Vince for the XFL even happen in the first place?
Attitude era was in full swing, Monday Night Wars were in full swing. O&A had great ratings in the same demo as WWE, plus they were watching so WWE got a plug every Tuesday after RAW, and had many WWE guests on over time. They had a very nice relationship with WWE back in the late 90s and had Vince on numerous times.

Forum Clout
Far Rawk NY I SEE U

20240205_163814.jpg

Forum Clout
Attitude era was in full swing, Monday Night Wars were in full swing. O&A had great ratings in the same demo as WWE, plus they were watching so WWE got a plug every Tuesday after RAW, and had many WWE guests on over time. They had a very nice relationship with WWE back in the late 90s and had Vince on numerous times.
Here's a good compilation of what you're talking about. I was rewatching 2002 WWF/WWE recently and there were O&A signs in the crowd more than once, there's one when HHH returned at MSG during Raw right in the front row. I know saying they were at their best during WNEW is sort of hack, but I really do enjoy the energy of the pre-satellite days. Everybody seems to actually be having fun.

I’m also surprised they didn’t do WWE appearances, I remember members of the Wack Pack got on WWF & WCW.
Even just a one off appearance at a PPV or at the WWF New York location during a Raw. I'm sure they would have if asked. Imagine them doing commentary for a match, lol.