• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How did Chip “evolve”?

G

Chip was borne out of Norton's natural instinct for coming up with hacky, shitty jokes. It's his natural speed, his go-to setting. To mask this he "came up with" Chip, and gets to pretend his reflexive sense of humour is "a bit" because he delivers the jokes in a silly voice. It's a crutch, an excuse, a cop-out; whatever you want to call it.

Patrice was right. That clip of Norton's early stand-up; the faux high-energy, gimmicky asshole begging the audience to like him in a "fake" voice - that's the real Norton. The Norton of O&A is a creation - a kind of parasitic putty that incorporated the mannerisms, tone and style of other comedians (chiefly Florentine, Colin, Keith Robinson and a bit of Dice) and tried to pass it off as his own personality.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
Edgar went from being an old weak man to being a mob associate who was murdered and during the mob hit had a dry mouth
jim taking the piss out of that paranormal show with his fake story was the one and only time any of his characters were hysterical, and it's only because the whole thing was just one big in-joke for o&a

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
jim taking the piss out of that paranormal show with his fake story was the one and only time any of his characters were hysterical, and it's only because the whole thing was just one big in-joke for o&a
I hated how he said he wanted to do Chip but was worried people would Google and find out it was fake. Like everyone is talking about and knows who Chip is.