General Patton on Nana’s people

apatton.png

"Since the greater portion of the Sicilian life is spent in sitting, it would naturally seem that after thousands of years he would have thought of making comfortable seats, but no, he sits on rocks, mud, boxes, or anything but chairs. However, they are a very cheerful people and seemingly contented with their filth, and it would be a mistake in my opinion to try and raise them to our standards, which they would neither appreciate nor enjoy" was always a personal favorite.

Also "laxy" was not a typo but rather a hilarious ethnic slur that he invented. OK I made that up.

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
And the northern Sicilian is what, better?

It blows my mind that if it weren't for Norman mercenaries (Medieval Wagner)...Sicily today would be a Shi'ite Muslim country run by the people who founded Cairo and the world's oldest university (Al-Azhar).

There would be a Sicilian "Hezbollah" instead of the Mafia, and it would be funded by Iran.

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
Why shi'ite? Isn't north Africa sunni?
The Muslims who were controlling Sicily were Shia clients (Aghlabids originally from Tunisia)... of the Fatimids (Who were shi'ite and ruled all of North Africa until Saladin's Ayyubids kicked them out of Cairo and re-Sunnified it just prior to dealing with the Crusaders).

Its weird to think that at that time (11th century CE), North Africa was 90% Shi'ite...and Iran was 90% Sunni, and today its the reverse.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Sicily is one of the most traded landmasses in history. My grandma was Sicilian but she was blonde with green eyes.

Whether or not they're going to be niggers is a wild card, but they're certainly mutts. On a case by case basis, Ant is 100% Arab. One of the few things northern and southern Italy can agree on is nobody wants to be Sicilian.

Even the longest Arab occupation of southern Italy was less than a century. For Sicily it was hundreds of years

I can't recall who told me this but I heard a great story from someone on vacation in Sicily. They went diving for seafood on a guided trip.

They started to notice that a lot of stuff that they were "catching" appeared to be coming from the surface. They quickly realized that a sister boat was actually throwing seafood into the ocean from the boat in order to ensure a "successful hunt." And the implied bit was that they weren't supposed to call it out and just play adult make-believe like they were catching dinner in the wild.

I think if you were to try and encapsulate Sicily in one story you could do a lot worse than the above.

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
I can't recall who told me this but I heard a great story from someone on vacation in Sicily. They went diving for seafood on a guided trip.

They started to notice that a lot of stuff that they were "catching" appeared to be coming from the surface. They quickly realized that a sister boat was actually throwing seafood into the ocean from the boat in order to ensure a "successful hunt." And the implied bit was that they weren't supposed to call it out and just play adult make-believe like they were catching dinner in the wild.

I think if you were to try and encapsulate Sicily in one story you could do a lot worse than the above.
Sounds really retarded.

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)
The Muslims who were controlling Sicily were Shia clients (Aghlabids originally from Tunisia)... of the Fatimids (Who were shi'ite and ruled all of North Africa until Saladin's Ayyubids kicked them out of Cairo and re-Sunnified it just prior to dealing with the Crusaders).

Its weird to think that at that time (11th century CE), North Africa was 90% Shi'ite...and Iran was 90% Sunni, and today its the reverse.

Stop posting.
Do not reply.