• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

FREE FM era fucking sucked, selling out to the braindead masses who didn't know or care they had returned 2 years prior.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Fuck you Danny.

No wonder you are universally despised.

Also you are a fucking midget.

Nice 6th grader height stupid.

Remember when Opie wore sweatpants all the time? What did they feel like? What color were they? Did Opie ever change his sweatpants before XM? Did Opie speak in a certain inflection while wearing the sweatpants? WHO CAN WE ASK ABOUT THIS????

Forum Clout
L
Remember when Opie wore sweatpants all the time? What did they feel like? What color were they? Did Opie ever change his sweatpants before XM? Did Opie speak in a certain inflection while wearing the sweatpants? WHO CAN WE ASK ABOUT THIS????
You were perfectly happy to answer these questions when you first showed up on Reddit and expected to be treated like a big time celebrity.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
They, O&A, basically got paid more millions to do almost nothing extra besides walking an extra couple of blocks. It lead to some decent fights on air with various staffers and hosts from terrestrial. And also proved once and for all that 'free FM' was dead and would never recover. That FM would not be playing podcasts and satellite shows in syndication like cable or broadcast plays old shows. FM and AM will basically never change.

It also showed that without cursing and having restrictions on content that the show would be neutered. A failed experiment.

This is one thing that Opie talked about on air before. That doing other stuff with your radio show like putting it on television just ruins it for the audio listeners. Stern when he went to Howard TV On Demand would do entire segments that were nearly useless on radio. Now O&A are on satellite but are doing segments for terrestrial yet again.

Opie was right to get them back on regular radio, for promotional purposes. Opie was the only one thinking in terms of the shows commercial appeal as it was happening. You need those outraged little girls bombing the show with angry calls all the way until your show ends, and then they keep doing it to Ron & Fez later because they still can't believe what Opie did to stlaker Patti..

FM radio is the most underutilized medium that has unique benefits... Yeah you can buy a TV network but good luck getting 'carried' and included by the jew cable providers... Meanwhile any retard can buy/establish an AM/FM radio station that provides uninterrupted access to your content locally even in outages. Which can be made into a worldwide online stream / podcast. All for cheap when you're talking content creation.

Radio is only dead because nobody with the means really cares to repackage it.

Howard worked fine on the Channel Nine show, because he adapted what he was doing to the format. O&A and their staff weren’t talented enough to do that, so of course they’d never be successful outside of the one thing they were good at.

Howard also had a team of writers he had been working with for a decade who gelled perfectly with his established gimmick of being the anti-celebrity. Billy West, Jackie and Fred doing anything on the Channel 9 show is legendary.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
FM radio is the most underutilized medium that has unique benefits. Radio is only dead because nobody with the means really cares to repackage it.
AM and FM should literally be as big as streaming. Instead they play nothing but the same top 40 songs over and over and endless fugitive and 'war of the roses' bits. I can't remember the last time I tuned into AM or FM live to hear something.
Howard also had a team of writers he had been working with for a decade who gelled perfectly with his established gimmick of being the anti-celebrity. Billy West, Jackie and Fred doing anything on the Channel 9 show is legendary.
Channel 9 was also separate from radio. It was its own show. His E! Show and HowardTV were filmed during the radio broadcast and would routinely have segments that would kill the radio show that day. There were some times where Stern's entire radio show that day was nothing but a big HowardTV On Demand advertisement.

Forum Clout
Time for the dump report. You know opie, a lot of fans are loving the dumps and can't get enough of them. I knew when these happened they they were going to be dumped immediately because I just know. I know Opie.

At 7:36 opie said fuck and the reason was he was upset at the microphones

At 8:20 no filter paul said dump in reference to his bee-hind. In context you can't use the word dump on regular radio so that was ahem dumped.

At 8:33 stalke r patti said shit during the mouse trap challenge

Forum Clout
Opie was right to get them back on regular radio, for promotional purposes. Opie was the only one thinking in terms of the shows commercial appeal as it was happening. You need those outraged little girls bombing the show with angry calls all the way until your show ends, and then they keep doing it to Ron & Fez later because they still can't believe what Opie did to stlaker Patti..

FM radio is the most underutilized medium that has unique benefits... Yeah you can buy a TV network but good luck getting 'carried' and included by the jew cable providers... Meanwhile any retard can buy/establish an AM/FM radio station that provides uninterrupted access to your content locally even in outages. Which can be made into a worldwide online stream / podcast. All for cheap when you're talking content creation.

Radio is only dead because nobody with the means really cares to repackage it.
Going back on FM while doing the walkover to XM was only good for promotion and audience reach, like you said. Not for quality radio. I listen to the stuff from that 2006-2008 era and a lot of the stuff just isn't as funny as before or after. I don't know if it's because they were excited to be back on terrestrial on Howard's former station so they were just trying to be overly shocking or wacky or what.

This is what I think of when I think of the FreeFM era. This has to be the most embarrassing Opie or Jim ever acted in the history of the show.

There's also the Ben Sparks incident where all three made asses of themselves with the Stern fan. One good bit from that era was when they fucked with K-Rock contest callers with the "Suck cock for K-Rock" bit. I hate the guy, but Louis CK saying "Shit in the mouth of Christ" the way he said it made me loff very hard.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
They knew it sucked but they’d lose a ton of money if they quit so they defended the shit show.
This unironically describes Stern's entire career years during the non-Jackie and non-Artie periods. The money was simply so good that Stern and his entire staff were willing to make a mediocre legacy destroying show. Because K-ROCK and Sirius were willing to dump piles of cash on them.

Ladynyahh

The Hasidic Homeboy
Forum Clout
I remembah the opester saying his sweat pants were "stinky", can you confirm if true and what did they smell like? Doody?

THE D

Forum Clout
Going back on FM while doing the walkover to XM was only good for promotion and audience reach, like you said. Not for quality radio. I listen to the stuff from that 2006-2008 era and a lot of the stuff just isn't as funny as before or after.

The show itself was struggling due to the 2 years they took off. The earliest XM years were horrible, save for a few little nuggets. WAY too much Norton, and too much of a 'closed off' feeling in obscurity. The FM simulcast might have excited them, but they were clearly running on fumes and drained.

It wasn't until they dropped FM and returned exclusively to satellite that they got into their grape fight, and the "we don't caaaare" attitude completely took over. A lot more callbacks to the old days and whatnot. We got a decent return to form for a couple years, until the "cunt won't look at me" fight in December 2012, which essentially killed Opie's interest in trying to keep it going... And yet, he STILL kept it going, for someone who should have had zero investment anymore that last year was clearly him just collecting the paycheck and seeing if the old Anthony would eventually come back. Opie was holding out hope, and he tried for at least a few years to keep things going. ANTHONY is the one who killed the show.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
I was recently listening to their first XM show and it only took Norton about 20 minutes to bring up that he went to a club with trannies. Then he clarified that he was just joking and isn't into that degeneracy.
First month of the show or so also featured Norton's infamous 'monster rain' story that he brought to the show unprompted as well.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
AM and FM should literally be as big as streaming. Instead they play nothing but the same top 40 songs over and over and endless fugitive and 'war of the roses' bits. I can't remember the last time I tuned into AM or FM live to hear something.

Why should they be that big? Buying a radio nowadays is the equivalent of buying a satellite radio; it's just something that comes with a car purchase.

THE D

Forum Clout
Why should they be that big? Buying a radio nowadays is the equivalent of buying a satellite radio; it's just something that comes with a car purchase.

They are accessible even in disasters and power outages. You ain't getting any local or national news or an extreme weather update on your phone with no signal out in the middle of nowhere. And in this country that covers a lot of ground.

AM Radio really should be the primary means of distributing or advertising podcasts, audiobooks and any sound based media... And ackshually a lot of cars don't even come with AM radio anymore.