• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

FREE FM era fucking sucked, selling out to the braindead masses who didn't know or care they had returned 2 years prior.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
They, O&A, basically got paid more millions to do almost nothing extra besides walking an extra couple of blocks. It lead to some decent fights on air with various staffers and hosts from terrestrial. And also proved once and for all that 'free FM' was dead and would never recover. That FM would not be playing podcasts and satellite shows in syndication like cable or broadcast plays old shows. FM and AM will basically never change.

It also showed that without cursing and having restrictions on content that the show would be neutered. A failed experiment.

This is one thing that Opie talked about on air before. That doing other stuff with your radio show like putting it on television just ruins it for the audio listeners. Stern when he went to Howard TV On Demand would do entire segments that were nearly useless on radio. Now O&A are on satellite but are doing segments for terrestrial yet again.

Forum Clout
I dislike the 2006-2008 era too and it's probably because of FreeFM. Sound quality is weird, lot more "puddle of aids" hackiness than before or after that era. Dennis Falcone makes 2013-2014 better than that era by default.

I'd much, much rather have those two or so years they were back on terrestrial switched to them staying on WNEW in afternoons until 2004 before moving to XM and they never went back on FM again. It's sort of amazing how the show on terrestrial in 2002 and in 2006 is a world of difference.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Destroyer.jpg

upanddown

Forum Clout
The CBS era was pretty awful by comparison to some of the earlier and later xm stuff.

It might be just me but it felt like O&A put on these weird DJ/"jocky" voices during the FM segments. That or the sound was mixed weird. @BenDovid comment?

Also there was an emphasis on shitty pop culture breaks like American Idol, Tyra's TV segments, South Park, etc.

Just really hacky.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
The CBS era was pretty awful by comparison to some of the earlier and later xm stuff.

It might be just me but it felt like O&A put on these weird DJ/"jocky" voices during the FM segments. That or the sound was mixed weird. @BenDovid comment?

Also there was an emphasis on shitty pop culture breaks like American Idol, Tyra's TV segments, South Park, etc.

Just really hacky.

I'm really tired of being mentioned for the dumbest questions on Earth.

Yes, O&A put on a special FM Radio voice and then didn't do it for XM. It was all a conspiracy to....... ? What the fuck are you talking about. Next time you have a question for me, don't.

upanddown

Forum Clout
I'm really tired of being mentioned for the dumbest questions on Earth.

Yes, O&A put on a special FM Radio voice and then didn't do it for XM. It was all a conspiracy to....... ? What the fuck are you talking about. Next time you have a question for me, don't.

Fuck you Danny.

No wonder you are universally despised.

Also you are a fucking midget.

Nice 6th grader height stupid.