• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

"Cumpound Media makes a million dollars a year" Nana responds to da opster

G

even if that's true, 1 mil doesn't sound like a lot when the studio is in NYC and whatever other bloated overhead costs they have. How much does Ant actually pocket each year? Being generous, he maybe makes around $130k a year? which is about on par with an experienced working professional that wasn't on a nationally syndicated radio program

Forum Clout
The first minute of this is pretty great. Ant hears Opie said he makes more money than him, immediately gives it the ol’ “HA HAAAA HOLEE SHIT!”, then thirty seconds of “HA oh huh wait he actually said that?”, then flailing for some sort of comeback, which all but confirms that it’s true.

Also love his Danny-esque stretching of facts to support his argument, see Opie’s rent on the houses he lives in is part of his overhead. I guess the $300 a night this ghoul is dumping down the drain to live in a shithole hotel rather than leaving the city he hates should be counted as part of his overhead too.

Can we also acknowledge that nobody looks at what Opie does as a “show”. I dont love using the phrase “it’s a hang” unironically, but it’s true. I think he mostly does this just to have something to do, probably because the wife told him to figure out something to do with himself before he drove her nuts.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
even if that's true, 1 mil doesn't sound like a lot when the studio is in NYC and whatever other bloated overhead costs they have. How much does Ant actually pocket each year? Being generous, he maybe makes around $130k a year? which is about on par with an experienced working professional that wasn't on a nationally syndicated radio program
This.

Corporate income is a LOT different than corporate profit.

lowend73

Forum Clout
So then he makes $38,000 off subscriptions and the rest off of rent. At least the show makes enough to pay Geno and Bill and their annual salary of $12,000 and enough to cover utilities for the studio. Remember, $14,580 is the NY state poverty level, they'd be kicked off welfare if they made more.
If Geno was smart, he should have committed PPP fraud.

Did Nana do that? Im sure as much as he rags on the FN, he probably did

BenDovid

Forum Clout
He might be grossing $1m (~10k subs)

Let's also assume $1,500/mo in studio sub-letting to others, however that space likely costs upwards of 10K/mo. or more. Isn't it just one show that uses the space? Figure $8,500/mo net on the space. $102,000 / yr.

10K subs is $1,074,000/yr. assuming that every subscriber pays full price month to month. I'd imagine it's under 10K and the balance of $ to get over a mil is made with whatever minimal ad revenue comes in. If you had at least 10K, you'd be making a milestone of it.

Are there any real full time employees there? Let's say he's got 2 full time employees at $60K and benefits, that's costing him more like $75K each in total and $150K for the year. The remaining are hourly say another $50K/yr. Total $200K.

As far as shows go, according to the site there are 17 non-TACS shows per week. I assume these shows are paid per show. At $200 per show we're spending $13,600/mo on content, or $163,200 annually.

5% Merchant fee on CM credit card charges. $53,700.

I am not factoring in monthly equipment needs, office supplies, electric, heating or related hosting and web services fees.

102000 - Studio Lease
200000 - Employees
163000 - Talent
53700 - CC Fees

$1,092000 - $518,700 = $573,300 and lets just shave off $73,300 to account for things I didn't before. $500,000 is plausible pre tax income, however NOT everyone is paying full price, month to month, rent likely higher, etc. Is Anthony living like a guy who makes under 500K now vs. $3mil back then? You bet! If that happened to me, I'd have to sell my multi-million dollar mansion and buy something more appropriate for my current financial state, that state being South Carolina.