Bill Hicks: Faggot or not a faggot?

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
listen to his shit once, enjoy it, and don't listen again after getting outside opinions about him cause you'll probably find him as a faggot

probably like you can't like the Beatles or Monty Python shit unless you came across it on your own when younger
You hear the hype of that stuff and then witness it and realize it's not that fucking great & there's a lot of faggots online who blow farts into eachothers faces about how great it is, therefore pushing away anyone who is adverse to faggotry

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit
His stuff did not age well, but he was perfect for his time.

He also seemed to have figured out the Republican vs Democrat stuff was complete bullshit when Clinton was just as warmongering as Bush. So he gets some credit.

Also, he did say Hitler was an underachiever, he should have killed everyone.

Udders

Crumbly feta is not God's Plan
Definitely not a faggot. Even as a super lib, it was at a time when they weren't all complete nutcases. I think his stuff aged just fine, maybe because I was alive to remember most of it except the Kennedy assassination stuff which you learn and hear about endlessly as you grow up anyway. He was incredibly funny and incredibly original. Luckily theres a wealth of his material available.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
i mean we're supposed to think Lenny Bruce is something special or significant. Have any of you listened to him? It's bitter, angry Jon Leibowitz jew kvetching about goyim morality and hypocrisy masquerading as "comedy." And even if you don't understand that Jewish racial animus underlying his "comedy", as I didn't when I first listened, something in your gut tells you it's off, there's something weird going on here

With Hicks it's similar to Bruce in that you can't remove his comedy from the era in which he performed it. It's a critique and a reaction. Though Hicks saved some of his most passionate vitriol for retarded, reflexively hateful Good old boy right wingers, in the end his parents were southern Baptists, he grew up in Texas of Texan stock, and at the end of the day was only disappointed in them, his parents, his culture. He wasn't a bitter outsider, he was looking in from the inside

Hicks reminds me of Sam Kinison (never watched or cared for him, not genx/boomer enough) in that he has this southern Baptist lineage where they are one step removed from turning their stage personas into radical Evangelical preachers. Hicks leaned into performative self flagellating anti-war queer virtue signaling a bit too hard at points, especially in his European stand up shows, but on the whole i would say he's not a faggot

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
i mean we're supposed to think Lenny Bruce is something special or significant. Have any of you listened to him? It's bitter, angry Jon Leibowitz jew kvetching about goyim morality and hypocrisy masquerading as "comedy." And even if you don't understand that Jewish racial animus underlying his "comedy", as I didn't when I first listened, something in your gut tells you it's off, there's something weird going on here
Lenny Bruce was edgy, but not funny. Stand-up wasn't even a thing at the time, so there wasn't even a prerequisite for having to be funny. He's amusing at best.

Over a decade ago I downloaded the six-CD Let The Buyer Beware set of Bruce's material in a ZIP file. It's interesting listening, but none of it will make you laugh.

groomia1961

Kurt CoLAME
Not a faggot from what I’ve seen but I’d be willing to take another look to see if any of his material holds up.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Hes never made me laugh once even on acid but I think I'm just too young to appreciate what he did and why it was good or important at the time.