• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anyone plan on going to the Foo Fighter concert?

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
What’s even worse is he praises their current work as the best when even Foo fighters fans prefer their older stuff. When they play live their set consists mostly of stuff from their first couple albums but Pat oinks about “Sky Is A Neighborhood” being gold which might be their worst song.
I had the displeasure of having to listen to FM radio during work when that came out. It's 70s rock revival which was done nearly 20 years ago with shit bands like The Darkness, Jet and Wolfmother, and done pretty well by QOTSA with Clockwork. It's so done; go listen to 70s rock if you want, stop trying to bring it back.

Not everybody has to know the difference between death metal and black metal, but Pat called Wolfmother a "hair metal band". He also said that a Star Wars thing "claps". He also said he's "not fat".

Hard to believe it takes 6 people to make mediocre easy listening rock music these days. The Beatles did it with just 4.
Wait... so Grohl does vocals and plays guitar, Pat Smear's on guitars, one plays bass and one drums. What the fuck are the other two guys doing?

Grohl's a guy who recorded music with Lemmy, who mostly only played with two other guys and the sound was monstrous. I guess he's just spreading the wealth for his buddies.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I had the displeasure of having to listen to FM radio during work when that came out. It's 70s rock revival which was done nearly 20 years ago with shit bands like The Darkness, Jet and Wolfmother, and done pretty well by QOTSA with Clockwork. It's so done; go listen to 70s rock if you want, stop trying to bring it back.

Not everybody has to know the difference between death metal and black metal, but Pat called Wolfmother a "hair metal band". He also said that a Star Wars thing "claps". He also said he's "not fat".

Wait... so Grohl does vocals and plays guitar, Pat Smear's on guitars, one plays bass and one drums. What the fuck are the other two guys doing?

Grohl's a guy who recorded music with Lemmy, who mostly only played with two other guys and the sound was monstrous. I guess he's just spreading the wealth for his buddies.
Pat just jumps up and down and I know one is on keyboards. I think they just started making touring members actual members because when they started it was usually just 3-4 guys. Green Day has had a second guitarist on stage for decades but they never made him an official member.

EDIT - the second guitarist guy in Green Day was made an official member for a short time. Then they removed him as a member so they could be a 3 piece band but still tours with them. They sure do like to motherfuck that guy!

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Hard to believe it takes 6 people to make mediocre easy listening rock music these days. The Beatles did it with just 4.
It’s funny how there’s less and less visible rock stars today. Years ago you could be the drummer of a big rock band and get recognized. If smartphones weren’t a thing you could tell people in bars that you’re the bass player in Maroon 5 or Matchbox 20 and people would believe you.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Pat just jumps up and down and I know one is on keyboards. I think they just started making touring members actual members because when they started it was usually just 3-4 guys. Green Day has had a second guitarist on stage for decades but they never made him an official member.

EDIT - the second guitarist guy in Green Day was made an official member for a short time. Then they removed him as a member so they could be a 3 piece band but still tours with them. They sure do like to motherfuck that guy!
I think the rule should be that you're only a member of a band if you played on a studio release and at least one tour. I hate websites that credit Bob Rock for having been in Metallica and Pat Smear being a member of Nirvana. THEY WEREN'T.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I think the rule should be that you're only a member of a band if you played on a studio release and at least one tour. I hate websites that credit Bob Rock for having been in Metallica and Pat Smear being a member of Nirvana. THEY WEREN'T.
Exactly, I didn’t know until I looked it up that Green Day made that guy an official member for a short time, they removed him but still uses him to tour. That’s some weird ego shit! I know with Foo Fighters Dave recorded all the instruments on the first album and just used these guys as touring members, same as Nine Inch Nails really just being Trent Reznor or Eddie Van Halen’s fat sons band that is just him but needs touring members.

G

One guy is keyboards and the other guy has been lead guitar for like 15 years probably. Pat is literally in his 60s and doesn’t really do much, i think he’s just there because he’s their friend and needs the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
One guy is keyboards and the other guy has been lead guitar for like 15 years probably. Pat is literally in his 60s and doesn’t really do much, i think He’s just there because he’s they’re friend and needs the money.
Three guitars? Who do they think they are, Iron Maiden?

And Iron Maiden shouldn't have three guitarists either. It's stupid.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I can't wait for Pig to say something stupid about how all the dudes in Radkey are black.
Oops! Guess you won't now, will you Pig? Pandering racist liberal gunt.

G

They’re old, dude. That’s what happens when bands get rich and old. They add more shit because they can.
Good music is made by young, skinny, pissed off people. Once you get old and complacent and rich then you just start fucking around for fun because you lose the edge of what made you good to begin with.

Same with O&A and most of the comedians people here liked. They’re all 50 and over now for the most part. Most artists get fat and gay and boring by then, it’s just the way it goes. It’s stupid to bitch about it.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
One guy is keyboards and the other guy has been lead guitar for like 15 years probably. Pat is literally in his 60s and doesn’t really do much, i think He’s just there because he’s they’re friend and needs the money.
I think that’s the case with Pat Smear, he doesn’t even look like he’s playing the same song and they need another guitarist to actually fill in the sound. Most times he’s just jumping and they don’t really have guitar solos so there’s no need for 3 guitars. I doubt Smears amp is even on.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
They’re old, dude. That’s what happens when bands get rich and old. They add more shit because they can.
Good music is made by young, skinny, pissed off people. Once you get old and complacent and rich then you just start fucking around for fun because you lose the edge of what made you good to begin with.

Same with O&A and most of the comedians people here liked. They’re all 50 and over now for the most part. Most artists get fat and gay and boring by then, it’s just the way it goes. It’s stupid to bitch about it.
This is very true, the rich old bands are able to tour sometimes where each member has their own bus and don’t even see each other until showtime. Plus most older groups have realized there’s no need to even make new music since it’s just about playing the old hits. I once heard a story of Billy Joel and Elton John when they were touring together and Elton told Billy he was going to be making an new album after the tour and Billy Joel replied “Why?”

garbageman2244

Forum Clout

I saw a Brand New show something like 15 years ago and I swear they just kept having their local "friends" come up to play until there were like 9 different dudes playing guitar at the same time. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen and (obviously) sounded like shit.