• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anthony vs Godfrey

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Godfrey is generally funny, has some good impressions, but he's really leaned into the racial culture war. Much like someone else we know.

Correct. I saw Godfrey at the Cellar 10 years ago and he's a pretty good comic. What's absurd about that feud is that Anthony took the "I've never heard of him" approach, and claimed he never knew Patrice. Both claims are ridiculous. He was friends with Patrice and is friends with the Cellar regulars. I have friends from outside the Northeast who know Godfrey; he's a legitimately known comic.

Godfrey was easily a "bubble" guy who would've racked up decent O&A appearances in their XM days if he got the invite. While we're on the topic, If I were Opie, he was a way better Patrice replacement than stupid Sherrod.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Correct. I saw Godfrey at the Cellar 10 years ago and he's a pretty good comic. What's absurd about that feud is that Anthony took the "I've never heard of him" approach, and claimed he never knew Patrice. Both claims are ridiculous. He was friends with Patrice and is friends with the Cellar regulars. I have friends from outside the Northeast who know Godfrey; he's a legitimately known comic.

Godfrey was easily a "bubble" guy who would've racked up decent O&A appearances in their XM days if he got the invite. While we're on the topic, If I were Opie, he was a way better Patrice replacement than stupid Sherrod.
Godfrey was great on Kevin Brennan’s old podcast. He’s probably one of the more well known lesser known comics.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout

The other reason it's so ridiculous is that Godfrey isn't even in that circle of comedians, but was trying to act like he was one of Bill Burr's buddies. I'm not saying he isn't funny, but he's way beneath that circle in terms of success. Pulling the whole "If I ever see Anthony Cumia I'd beat him up" shit was gay too.

It really is funny now thinking about how big of a parallel there is between Ant and Godfrey being two funny guys who just got too caught up in the race culture war shit and can't let it go.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
The other reason it's so ridiculous is that Godfrey isn't even in that circle of comedians, but was trying to act like he was one of Bill Burr's buddies. I'm not saying he isn't funny, but he's way beneath that circle in terms of success. Pulling the whole "If I ever see Anthony Cumia I'd beat him up" shit was gay too.

I can't speak for how close they are, but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Godfrey is a second-tier member of that circle of friends. @BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 put it very well calling him a well known lesser known comic. The only reason I have to doubt their friendship is that Godfrey's never had that next level of exposure, even while that core group has either graduated like Bill Burr or settled into content mid-tier like Bobby. The closest Godfrey comes to mainstream was a Louie appearance.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I can't speak for how close they are, but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Godfrey is a second-tier member of that circle of friends. @BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 put it very well calling him a well known lesser known comic. The only reason I have to doubt their friendship is that Godfrey's never had that next level of exposure, even while that core group has either graduated like Bill Burr or settled into content mid-tier like Bobby. The closest Godfrey comes to mainstream was a Louie appearance.
Right but anyone who regularly performed at The Cellar knows who Godfrey is. Ant probably knows who he is.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Right but anyone who regularly performed at The Cellar knows who Godfrey is. Ant probably knows who he is.

That's the point. Anthony was trying to pretend 1) he didn't know who Godfrey is and 2) Godfrey wasn't friends with Patrice. Both claims are lies.

Anthony hosted the biggest show for NYC comics for 10 years; he knows who Godfrey is.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
That's the point. Anthony was trying to pretend 1) he didn't know who Godfrey is and 2) Godfrey wasn't friends with Patrice. Both claims are lies.

Anthony hosted the biggest show for NYC comics for 10 years; he knows who Godfrey is.
I didn’t mean to refute your statement. Sometimes Bonnie just likes to talk to himself.