• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anthony is a perfect reminder to always keep your cool and not sabotage your future with temper tantrums.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
All I ever asked from Anthony is for him to drop the fucking "my life is awesome! ha ha ho-lee-shit!" routine.

If he could tell the truth- that he's made mistakes, and things aren't perfect- then I would be on his side today.

But instead he turned into Opie. Everything is a radio war. For Opie, everything is a war against Howard. Can't show weakness or else Howard wins (when, in reality, Howard doesn't care).

For Anthony, at least after 2014, everything is a war against the very idea that life isn't 100% great 100% of the time. Can't show weakness, can't express regret, gotta be adored by every member of your gay little entourage, or else the universe wins (when, in reality, the universe doesn't care).

Just fucking admit you fucked up when you got fired, admit you drink too much, admit you're plagued with anxiety because your father was an abusive monster. We're not going to pounce on you if you do that, we're not going to declare victory, we're just going to go, "yeah, our lives suck, too. Everyone's does. It's called being human. Asshole."
Fair enough, sir, fair enough.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
For Anthony, at least after 2014, everything is a war against the very idea that life isn't 100% great 100% of the time. Can't show weakness, can't express regret, gotta be adored by every member of your gay little entourage, or else the universe wins (when, in reality, the universe doesn't care).

Just fucking admit you fucked up when you got fired, admit you drink too much, admit you're plagued with anxiety because your father was an abusive monster. We're not going to pounce on you if you do that, we're not going to declare victory, we're just going to go, "yeah, our lives suck, too. Everyone's does. It's called being human. Asshole."

You just described perfectly why I can't stand nana and it also explains why Opie has so much resentment towards him (or has until recently). He not only cost himself the easiest fucking gig in the world with his enormous fuck up back in 2014, but he also fucked things up for everyone who worked on that show and all the fans. When you throw in the fact that he's just trippled down on his race obsession in the last 10 years and it makes him by far the most hateable person involved in a show that also had the likes of Jim Norton, Sam Roberts and Danny Ross involved in it.

I hope the cunt's heart finally gives out in 2024.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
All I ever asked from Anthony is for him to drop the fucking "my life is awesome! ha ha ho-lee-shit!" routine.

If he could tell the truth- that he's made mistakes, and things aren't perfect- then I would be on his side today.

But instead he turned into Opie. Everything is a radio war. For Opie, everything is a war against Howard. Can't show weakness or else Howard wins (when, in reality, Howard doesn't care).

One thing I have noticed about Cumias psychology through constant listening is he is extremely adverse to being a victim or being confused for one. Multiple examples:

He hates National Geographic shows where they mention global warming. His reason is because they “Make you feel guilty” saying humans destroy the Earth. “Right I get it i’m a piece of shit I should feel bad.” When no ones saying or implying this. It shows his mentality that when they describe unspecific humans he thinks it means “Me”.

He can’t talk about his childhood honestly. When he tells the ice cream sandwich story or any of his fathers other abusive tales it’s always told as funny or quirky. Even when he comes close to saying his dad was a piece of shit he can’t fully embrace it. That would mean being perceived as a victim.

He cannot allow himself to feel bad about anything. He confuses going “Yeah that sucked” with these people who throw pity parties and need therapy and go full Paul Weimar on social media. He has no conception you can be inbetween, still be a man, and not be so emotionally fucked.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Also everyone here is retconning the history. Yes he was fired in 2014 and killed any chances for him to appear in a Bud Light commercial. But all of his friends and coworkers sided with him and appeared on his show despite Anthony doubling down and turning his broadcast into a right wing network.

What fucked him up was beating on his much younger girlfriend who was the daughter of a comedy club owner.

That is the exact point you can trace back to when everyone started cutting him off. It had nothing to fucking do with race or politics but him being a piece of shit. No one cared that he said a black woman looks like an ape - They cared because he said that about Bill Burrs wife.

JebJoh

Forum Clout
Also everyone here is retconning the history. Yes he was fired in 2014 and killed any chances for him to appear in a Bud Light commercial. But all of his friends and coworkers sided with him and appeared on his show despite Anthony doubling down and turning his broadcast into a right wing network.

What fucked him up was beating on his much younger girlfriend who was the daughter of a comedy club owner.

That is the exact point you can trace back to when everyone started cutting him off. It had nothing to fucking do with race or politics but him being a piece of shit. No one cared that he said a black woman looks like an ape - They cared because he said that about Bill Burrs wife.
Eh, he was a bag of shit and Sirius was looking for a reason to get rid of him and the O&A show from the first day after Sirius took over. They gave them shitty contracts, took away their offices / budgets / interns, stopped listening to their complaints and ideas and were ready to cut their next contract to shit. When the calls and emails started coming in after his twitter rant they saw an opportunity to get rid of him and took it. They let Opie finish out most of his last / remaining contract before they found a reason to get rid of him too.

I suspect that Sam went to management and told them he had an idea which would cut costs, keep the fan base and prevent controversial bits that management would have to deal with. His idea was that HE would take over the morning show with a comic and do a bland version of the old show for 25% of the cost. Once you get in the door as a tiny (almost ignorable) entry in the accounting system, you can just keep your head down and do your show in peace. The show now is so cheap that it'd be more effort than it is worth to cut it.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Eh, he was a bag of shit and Sirius was looking for a reason to get rid of him and the O&A show from the first day after Sirius took over. They gave them shitty contracts, took away their offices / budgets / interns, stopped listening to their complaints and ideas and were ready to cut their next contract to shit. When the calls and emails started coming in after his twitter rant they saw an opportunity to get rid of him and took it. They let Opie finish out most of his last / remaining contract before they found a reason to get rid of him too.

I suspect that Sam went to management and told them he had an idea which would cut costs, keep the fan base and prevent controversial bits that management would have to deal with. His idea was that HE would take over the morning show with a comic and do a bland version of the old show for 25% of the cost. Once you get in the door as a tiny (almost ignorable) entry in the accounting system, you can just keep your head down and do your show in peace. The show now is so cheap that it'd be more effort than it is worth to cut it.
I’ll give some thoughts:

First of all, Anthony as you said was fired because they were already looking to get rid of him. Although his tweets were about a real life altercation he had, what he said was not nearly as bad as the shit he said on air or did on the early compound shows (the ones while O&A was on.). But because his tweets got in the news as opposed to the other shit he was fired. This was my exact point in the OP: If you remember, Sirius was even easing up on Ant around 2015…then he beat his girlfriend and was blacklisted all over again.

Second I don’t think Sam did that. He has no pull at SXM. I truly think the way Jim describes it is the most accurate version of events:

Opie and Jim were having problems. Opie was trying to have Jim come in for less days. During the last week of their contract Jim brought Sam into do the show because they had done it when Opie wasn’t there before. Contract negotiation comes around and Opie is playing hardball like he does every contract : “I’m a commodity, I want these hours, I want this amount of money.”, Irrelevant if it’s right or wrong SXM was trying to figure out what to do with Jim because “they did research and figured out how popular he was on his own”. And being that Jim was willing to take anything they gave him the morning slot because he was more cooperative. Sam just happened to be the guy.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
You fags have to be told like 4 times a week that the death of OnA was unavoidable. This was just the excuse SXM wanted to drop the axe they'd been holding for years.
Exactly, they were phoning it in for years. All 3. Ant coming in barely on time and sometimes late, immediately leaving after. Opie always shitting on management
Jimmy indulging his fetishes live in air (that's more my beef) all three watching YouTube all day and doing no prep anymore
The writing was on the wall

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I suspect that Sam went to management and told them he had an idea which would cut costs, keep the fan base and prevent controversial bits that management would have to deal with. His idea was that HE would take over the morning show with a comic and do a bland version of the old show for 25% of the cost.
25% of the costs? The budget of the Jim and Show is easily less than ten percent of the O&A show. Likely under even five percent. Their entire show budget is without question less than either Opie or Anthony made individually. Sam never went to management to force Opie out. He only went to management to take the table scraps of the O&A brand after Opie was fired.

Anthony and Norton both went to management to try to get Opie fired. And certainly worked to get him to quit. But Sam is a total coward and opportunist. If he was this amazing networking genius he would be the lead announcer for the WWE which is his dream job. He has tried to get jobs at WWE that are high level and been turned down a few times.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
Sam never went to management to force Opie out. He only went to management to take the table scraps of the O&A brand after Opie was fired.

As much as I hate Sam, I really cannot blame him for doing that. Who wouldn't? One of the main two got himself fired for being an absolute mess, alcoholic, Twitter addicted, nigger obsessed maniac. And the other for filming a colleague taking a shit. What a pair of utter retards.

If you could take advantage of the remaining scraps of that brand and fanbase, why not do it?

Forum Clout

Right before Anthony's mishap, Opie was trying to move the show to afternoons and was met with harsh resistance. That was all he needed to know not to back up Anthony to the bosses.

Forum Clout
I’ll give some thoughts:

First of all, Anthony as you said was fired because they were already looking to get rid of him. Although his tweets were about a real life altercation he had, what he said was not nearly as bad as the shit he said on air or did on the early compound shows (the ones while O&A was on.). But because his tweets got in the news as opposed to the other shit he was fired. This was my exact point in the OP: If you remember, Sirius was even easing up on Ant around 2015…then he beat his girlfriend and was blacklisted all over again.

Second I don’t think Sam did that. He has no pull at SXM. I truly think the way Jim describes it is the most accurate version of events:

Opie and Jim were having problems. Opie was trying to have Jim come in for less days. During the last week of their contract Jim brought Sam into do the show because they had done it when Opie wasn’t there before. Contract negotiation comes around and Opie is playing hardball like he does every contract : “I’m a commodity, I want these hours, I want this amount of money.”, Irrelevant if it’s right or wrong SXM was trying to figure out what to do with Jim because “they did research and figured out how popular he was on his own”. And being that Jim was willing to take anything they gave him the morning slot because he was more cooperative. Sam just happened to be the guy.
Why are you such a know-it-all faggot?

Forum Clout
Even after that, he had Colin, Ron and others fill in on his show when he to "rehab".

He even stopped drinking during the show leading up to rehab & Jimmy came on to talk about getting clean.

Then not even three days into his rehab stint, he blows his whole con. (With Brother Moo's help)

He lied to his friends to get them to do volunteer work on his failing network, so he could attend his court ordered rehab. What a piece of shit.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
He lied to his friends to get them to do volunteer work on his failing network, so he could attend his court ordered rehab. What a piece of shit.
Once it came out that not only did he beat Dani Brand severely but he also threatened her with his gun. You started to see a lot of O&A comics appear with Antony far less frequently. To the point where they were obviously ghosting him and his network. That was the final straw for a lot of people. And should have been for everyone but his creepy Compound associates he has now are beyond disgusting.
IIRC, the rehab was not court-ordered. His dumb lawyer thought it would look better for him to attend rehab before it was actually court-ordered.
It was not just about his domestic violence issues but also his gun collection. The rehab was about him being able to keep his weapons.

Forum Clout

Yep. The Dani beating is the moment I cancelled my Compound Media subscription.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
It was merely the impulsive outburst of a person who couldnt control their emotions after an intense experience. The very same thing he's projecting on the afro americans he publically despises so much. Physician heal thyself, right gang?
“Anthony is a nigger” has been said to death but the irony of “I was charged with beating my young white girlfriend but i was set up by the police” is palpable. He might as well have claimed the cops put a knee on his neck when they arrested him.