• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

*2024: A VERY IMPORTANT YEAR IN 'OPIE & ANTHONY' HISTORY*

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Alright Look...:lwjxnwp: Which one's Opie? And which one's Edith?

August - 30 years since Anthony (more accurately, Brother Joe) :image_9247: submitted a parody song to Opie's contest @ WBAB: :bhzv6yb: "WHO can make the most Demented parody about the O.J. Simpson mishap." Classic Opie... Irreverent -- Fawked Up -- Prioritizing THE FUNNY -- Utilizing local talent -- It puts yasself OUT THERE!!! The 30th year since Anthony embarked on his journey into real money. Big money. Big shot with the hat on. Short guy with the mustache. Brother wears green. You ONLY see him when the main guy dies. They jump on boxes. :vaswnoh:

September 14th - The Opie & Anthony Show officially turns 30. The O&A ship is officially a nasty, mean bitch pissed off about being in her 30's.
But She's Still Sexy... :image_9253:She does her makeup all fawked up, She's getting DESPERATE, and she misses her Ex..... :image_9249:

October 4th - 20th anniversary of O&A's XM Satellite Radio debut. O&A did 8 years on FM, then 10 on Satellite. Counting the 2 years they got neetbux. And the 10 years post-Anthony firing. In 6 more years O&A will have been split up longer than they existed as a show. We cannot let that happen.

November 24 - 20 years since Jim Norton raped a drunk, underaged girl in the closet of a room that would later become the Ron & Fez office at XM studios in New York City. Norton's current employee Troy Quan, who later killed his girlfriend by pushing her off a cliff, admitted to giving the girl alcohol then forcing her to be alone with Norton. Jim Norton has admitted his acts annually on or around the date of the event. Will he do it again this year?

December - 20 years since O&A returned to FM radio on WAQX in Syracuse which aired a censored replay of the XM Satellite show. December 1st - 18 years since Pat From Moonachie and Pat Duffy perform The Baby Bird which is regularly talked about by rich and famous Joe Rogan who doesn't answer any of Opie or Anthony's texts... Fawk... We get'em on the way up and catch 'em on the way back down.

There were festivities planned for O&A's 20th anniversary in 2014... But they were aborted when Anthony got fired a month before they could begin. Now we can do a redo 10 years later. Do it up nice. Nicey NICE.
#O&A30

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
67DD5174-F2AC-4076-BAE4-734B9E2CDC2F.jpeg

1633BD24-7556-4391-977F-A12881E40772.jpeg

91942571-06F4-4605-AA70-022E806106D4.jpeg

5F1C6EBA-40EA-40F7-A0FC-AC11FC093EB1.jpeg

Sometime, 20 years ago…after a little known radio duo got fired for a STUPID stunt in a church, and almost being GAGGED from talking about Howie and their old company, O&A sat out for 2 years…just waiting. The message boards thrived, awaiting their return, going to comedy shows of the guests and posting their pictures like faggots. Finally, in 2004, their waiting period was up and they could sign with another company. As we all know the little dwoggie company wrestled with the bbboys but they said tough shit, we know what we’re worth. So they signed with XM satellite radio as pictured above and reinvented the medium again.

FACE.

THE D

Forum Clout
View attachment 176905
View attachment 176906
View attachment 176907
View attachment 176909
Sometime, 20 years ago…after a little known radio duo got fired for a STUPID stunt in a church, and almost being GAGGED from talking about Howie and their old company, O&A sat out for 2 years…just waiting. The message boards thrived, awaiting their return, going to comedy shows of the guests and posting their pictures like faggots. Finally, in 2004, their waiting period was up and they could sign with another company. As we all know the little dwoggie company wrestled with the bbboys but they said tough shit, we know what we’re worth. So they signed with XM satellite radio as pictured above and reinvented the medium again.

FACE.

And then a couple days later... After their first show... Gues who hadda make his announcement??? Guess who JUST HADDA copy the idea of going uncensored... Um hello Howard? 2006? O&A was doing it in 2004. Tell 'em Francine!!!

BenDovid

Forum Clout
And then a couple days later... After their first show... Gues who hadda make his announcement??? Guess who JUST HADDA copy the idea of going uncensored... Um hello Howard? 2006? O&A was doing it in 2004. Tell 'em Francine!!!

And guess who HADDA hire a bunch of craigslist college kids to "infiltrate Howard's rally!!" One of the most embarrassing days as an intern. Maybe 2 or 3 interns, and 20 day workers holding O&A signs vs. THOUSANDS of Stern fans. I don't know how anyone felt good about that, watching overhead from a hotel suite, talent or management.

Forum Clout
And guess who HADDA hire a bunch of craigslist college kids to "infiltrate Howard's rally!!" One of the most embarrassing days as an intern. Maybe 2 or 3 interns, and 20 day workers holding O&A signs vs. THOUSANDS of Stern fans. I don't know how anyone felt good about that, watching overhead from a hotel suite, talent or management.
Yeah and how's Howard doing now with his fans? Any of those THOUSANDS of Stern fans listening to him gush over Billie Eilish or some Baby Boomer relic celebrity? There's more people dedicated to talking about O&A at this point for better or for worse.

Forum Clout
Sometime, 20 years ago…after a little known radio duo got fired for a STUPID stunt in a church, and almost being GAGGED from talking about Howie and their old company, O&A sat out for 2 years…just waiting.
It's been explained to me already by people who know more why the FCC really went after them for it along with getting fired (They had already been warned/fined twice earlier in the year, slow news week, St. Pat's is a church a lot of 9/11 victims had funeral services at on top of slow news week, Mecurio not just leaving right away and instead saying blasphemy to some Indian security guard, they could have gone to another radio network after SFS 3 but would have been contractually prevented from ever talking about Stern, etc.), but I will never get how they were willing to risk the show over what was literally a stupid sex stunt. It's hack radio (The drum challenge was more interesting) and fans lost two years of prime O&A out of it. I'd rather have had those two years they sat out than a couple of years of them on XM/Free FM (2006-2008). Not a fan of that era.

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
It's been explained to me already by people who know more why the FCC really went after them for it along with getting fired … but I will never get how they were willing to risk the show over what was literally a stupid sex stunt.
Thats where you’re confused. Remember that they did Sex for Sam twice before this: No fawwkin problems. Sniff

But as the story goes when doing Sex for Sam 3, Opie wrote down on a notepad “sex in a church” for one of the challenges. No one expected anyone to actually do it. But the dummies pretended to follow through thus shit hit the fan.
It's hack radio (The drum challenge was more interesting) and fans lost two years of prime O&A out of it. I'd rather have had those two years they sat out than a couple of years of them on XM/Free FM (2006-2008). Not a fan of that era.
And this is where you’re wrong, sniff. If O&A never got fired for Sex for Sam where would they be? It’s almost an impossible hypothetical. Just like if Ant never got fired in 2014 it would have happened eventually. If O&A got fired in say 2006 instead of 2002 would they ever have gotten a job again? Schinkle bout it. It made them bigger than they were and it got national headlines.

Forum Clout
Thats where you’re confused. Remember that they did Sex for Sam twice before this: No fawwkin problems. Sniff

But as the story goes when doing Sex for Sam 3, Opie wrote down on a notepad “sex in a church” for one of the challenges. No one expected anyone to actually do it. But the dummies pretended to follow through thus shit hit the fan.
You're ignoring the "Were already in trouble with the FCC twice that year, once already for public sex on a beach" part. Also, like I mentioned, this is post-9/11 and they had a couple fuck at a church that 9/11 victims had funerals at. I'm right here, sorry, it was a perfect storm of shit.

And this is where you’re wrong, sniff. If O&A never got fired for Sex for Sam where would they be? It’s almost an impossible hypothetical. Just like if Ant never got fired in 2014 it would have happened eventually. If O&A got fired in say 2006 instead of 2002 would they ever have gotten a job again? Schinkle bout it. It made them bigger than they were and it got national headlines.
Lol dude O&A were probably at their most popular during the WNEW era. Did you forget how little the listenership was when they debuted on XM? If SFS 3 never happens they probably eventually move to satellite anyway at some point due to some shit like the Janet Jackson nipple stunt causing the FCC to have a meltdown, but we get more years of good radio.

Don't move the goalposts here.

2005, and XM had to hire people for a any presence. Stern had Manhattan streets closed off.
Fair, but O&A were also off the air for two years and were always second to Stern. Their listenership wasn't much when they started back on XM. If they never got fired it might be a different story.

THE D

Forum Clout

Are we supposed to care? O&A didn’t have fake callers setting up bits like Howard did since the early 2000s. They wanted to make Howard look bad and it worked. Literally nobody knew or cared they were not O&A fans. The fact that it pissed Howard off means it succeeded its only goal.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Yeah and how's Howard doing now with his fans? Any of those THOUSANDS of Stern fans listening to him gush over Billie Eilish or some Baby Boomer relic celebrity? There's more people dedicated to talking about O&A at this point for better or for worse.

If you go on reddit or talk to longtime fans, they're definitely frustrated with the direction of the show. But he still has plenty of people who listen out of habit, and probably a sizable group who've migrated over for the celebrity interviews. I was never a Howard fan so I have no investment in the show's trajectory. But I don't think he's crashing and burning by any stretch.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout

Were they really hired on CL? I just assumed it wouldn't be hard to get a handful of O&A fans too embarrass themselves in public on the show's behalf. Speaking of which, back in 2008 - 2010 time frame, a bunch of Pests waited in front of Sirius for Howard's limo to hold up a sign about the Jingle Ball and Howard's daughter. A bunch of fat jobless wonders waiting outside at 4:30 AM. Who thought that was a good idea?

It is without question far, far, far more embarrassing than disrupting Howard's debut. I wish someone had the video.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
They wanted to make Howard look bad and it worked
Did it? 5,000 Stern fans and 20 O&A people? Really made him look bad. They closed 56th street for Stern's last day. We would do the walkover with the same 8 pests.

Were they really hired on CL? I just assumed it wouldn't be hard to get a handful of O&A fans too embarrass themselves in public on the show's behalf.

Yes. They didn't trust actual fans to not get into fights, so they literally hired some NYU kids and passed out signs. I was there and all that stunt did was make O&A look foolish, with no fans.

Forum Clout
November 24 - 20 years since Jim Norton raped a drunk, underaged girl in the closet of a room that would later become the Ron & Fez office at XM studios in New York City. Norton's current employee Troy Quan, who later killed his girlfriend by pushing her off a cliff, admitted to giving the girl alcohol then forcing her to be alone with Norton. Jim Norton has admitted his acts annually on or around the date of the event. Will he do it again this year?
Based Norton lol they should've taken turns. Would love to be fourth or fifth behind the guys and dive into that cum-dripping mess!:love::love:

THE D

Forum Clout
Did it? 5,000 Stern fans and 20 O&A people? Really made him look bad.

Yes. He hated having to share the moment and hear the names Opie & Anthony. The fact that you were PART of it and still don't understand it is hilarious, but makes sense considering you've never been more than a flaming cog in the wheel.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Yes. He hated having to share the moment and hear the names Opie & Anthony.

He didn't share anything. There was a giant mass of people there, I doubt he even saw any of the O&A signs let alone hear anyone. The fact that I was a part of it and you weren't should let you know to sit down and shut up. I was there. That was my takeaway. It was embarrassing as fuck and they played it up for air when recapping.