• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Anthony being responsible for a lot of shit and not even realizing it?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
This has been made into separate threads but I wanted to catalogue it in one thread, because thinking about it Anthony SHOULD be more successful, or well known, than he actually is:

Got Trump elected

This is the one almost everyone knows. O&A leaked the Anthony Weiner photo causing him to drop out of Congress. He had a separate sexting scandal during his mayoral run. Then finally, in 2016, Weiner faced another scandal with an underage girl. The FBI confiscated his computers, found deleted Hilary Clinton emails, and the bureau reopened the investigation a week before election day, securing Trump his victory.

Proud Boys

Anthony hosted Gavin on his platform for years. This is where the Proud Boys spawned from.

(by extension) Jan 6th.

The Proud Boys were heavily involved in the Jan 6th riot, wether organizing or participating. Regardless of your opinion on it being a hoax or not, they were there and tried taking credit. Another thing Ant could attach his name to.

Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan has said countless times that Opie and Anthony inspired him to do a show and the format of it itself.

Podcasting

Because Joe Rogan revolutionized podcasting, by extension, O&A and Anthony were responsible for the boom we see now.

Whats some of them other things Anthony started that he’s too dumb to take responsibility for?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
His 'Angry Vince McMahon' impression was something that Vince heard so many times that he ended up adopting that voice when doing 'Angry Vince'. Vince no longer was doing his own voice but was doing Anthony's impression of himself. "No chance!! No chance in hell!".

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
His 'Angry Vince McMahon' impression was something that Vince heard so many times that he ended up adopting that voice when doing 'Angry Vince'. Vince no longer was doing his own voice but was doing Anthony's impression of himself. "No chance!! No chance in hell!".
This isn’t a broader effect on culture but most of Anthonys impressions just become my impressions of people. His Angry Vince is just Vince to me. His Jesse Ventura is just Jesse Ventura to me. His Ronald Reagan, his Buffalo Bill, his Jackie Martling, his Howard, etc.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
This isn’t a broader effect on culture but most of Anthonys impressions just become my impressions of people. His Angry Vince is just Vince to me. His Jesse Ventura is just Jesse Ventura to me. His Ronald Reagan, his Buffalo Bill, his Jackie Martling, his Howard, etc.
Billy West still did the funniest Jackie.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout

Vince loved O&A, and always bent the knee to them during their diva moments. Justified or not.

At the WWF New York grand opening, O&A got invites, but WWF didn't add their names to the list. They waited in line in the cold, and in front of their girlfriends they got told to bounce. They were pissed off about that and rightfully so. The Rock was booked for the show the next day. They gave Rock a beating over the phone. They did the prison visit on him, and sent him packing from the lobby. The Rock was absolutely grovelling to them. That's what WE do NOW.

And in 2001 when Vince wouldn't give them the exclusive interview on the WCW deal, fighting Bob Costas, lying about XFL Pre-Game, all happened in the same few weeks. And Vince kept blowing them off. So they placed a moratorium boycott on WWF. Vince called them to grovel a mere minutes later.

Opie was one of the few out there in the mid 2010's blowing up Vince's spot. And pointing out the little games he plays. Now it's more common knowledge of course but GH ahead of the curve again.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
Shane Gillis had a show on compound for a while. Mike David, the legion of skanks, and superstar Mike finoia were all on the network until they left as soon as anything resembling a more preferable arrangement came their way. Compound media is often cited as the new snl because of all the comedians who have used it as launch pad to stardom!

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Forum Clout
Shane Gillis had a show on compound for a while. Mike David, the legion of skanks, and superstar Mike finoia were all on the network until they left as soon as anything resembling a more preferable arrangement came their way. Compound media is often cited as the new snl because of all the comedians who have used it as launch pad to stardom!

Don't forget Dave blandau going from 0 with a fat wife to crowder co host with a fat wife