• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where are the funniest people from?

G

Screenshot_20230618_135712_Maps.jpg

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I can't remember which O&A compilation this was from. Might have been a Vos appearance. But they talked about how the funniest comedians and talk show hosts came from insane and broken families (might be a compilation of Anthony's family or divorce stories?). They were talking about how their parents used them against each other in the divorce.

Vos talked about how his mother once called his father to pick up the kids, but she had police waiting there to arrest his father when she showed up. So his father shows up and the kids run out to greet him. Then cops come from an unmarked car and start screaming at him to stop moving and arrest him. One of the callers later in the show said he was calling from his cubicle at his office job regretting that his parents loved as it steered him into a boring career.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Boston, MA

Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien were concurrently the top comedy talk hosts at one time.

Patrice Oneal, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Doug Stanhope, Nick Dipalo, Bob Kelly, Greg Giraldo, Dane Cook were all killing it at around the same time.

Despite being from Long Island, Stern and O&A spent many years in Boston soaking up the yumah. Half the cast of SNL (who I won't name as I don't find them funny and it will only hurt my point) seem to be from Boston as well.

It's something they all have in common.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Boston, MA

Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien were concurrently the top comedy talk hosts at one time.

Patrice Oneal, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Doug Stanhope, Nick Dipalo, Bob Kelly, Greg Giraldo, Dane Cook were all killing it at around the same time.

Despite being from Long Island, Stern and O&A spent many years in Boston soaking up the yumah. Half the cast of SNL (who I won't name as I don't find them funny and it will only hurt my point) seem to be from Boston as well.

It's something they all have in common.
Please show me one funny Leno clip. I can think of multiple funny Conan clips but zero Leno ones. I'm not saying he isn't probably funny off TV but he stunk on TV.