• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What is with the nana ball washers and TRIBUTE bands?

Gronez_Bambatta

Forum Clout
Screenshot_20230923_123453_X.jpg

Last edited:

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Genuinely don't understand boomers.
"Let's pay live music prices so we can go see some guys jukebox the same songs we've heard for the past 50 years at far worse quality."

Not sure how tribute bands aren't fucking humiliated either. It's embarrassing enough that the only way you find musical success by regurgitating someone more talented than you, but to dress and act as them is another level of debasement... celebrity worship is mental illness.
I've taken some cover (but mercifully not tribute) gigs just for the money and I think I would get more enjoyment cleaning the fryer at McDonald's.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
Genuinely don't understand boomers.
"Let's pay live music prices so we can go see some guys jukebox the same songs we've heard for the past 50 years at far worse quality."

Not sure how tribute bands aren't fucking humiliated either. It's embarrassing enough that the only way you find musical success by regurgitating someone more talented than you, but to dress and act as them is another level of debasement... celebrity worship is mental illness.
I've taken some cover (but mercifully not tribute) gigs just for the money and I think I would get more enjoyment cleaning the fryer at McDonald's.
I sat in with a local Grateful Dead tribute band when their drummer got stuck in traffic and wasn’t going to make the gig. I knew most of the songs and faked my way through the rest. Ended up being one of the most attended gigs I ever played. Sad.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
I sat in with a local Grateful Dead tribute band when their drummer got stuck in traffic and wasn’t going to make the gig. I knew most of the songs and faked my way through the rest. Ended up being one of the most attended gigs I ever played. Sad.

Grateful Dead tribute band sounds like the most wretched congregation of lowQ boomer dogshit imaginable.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
Grateful Dead tribute band sounds like the most wretched congregation of lowQ boomer dogshit imaginable.
There are some people around here that actually follow the tribute band around to almost all of their gigs, as if they were the actual Dead. These morons don't go to any other bands' shows at all. It's fuckin' strange.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I know a guy (boomer) who does a tribute band and they have their own actual following, and they tour the country constantly. Their tickets go for $30-$40 minimum.

Granted, they’re legitimately talented and put tons of effort into it. They practice almost everyday, stay in shape, and put on a great show without the use of a Digitech Looper. It’s almost like they treat it like it’s their honest to God full time job instead of a glorified larp.

I’d pay $30 to see Joe Cumia

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
I know a guy (boomer) who does a tribute band and they have their own actual following, and they tour the country constantly. Their tickets go for $30-$40 minimum.

Granted, they’re legitimately talented and put tons of effort into it. They practice almost everyday, stay in shape, and put on a great show without the use of a Digitech Looper. It’s almost like they treat it like it’s their honest to God full time job instead of a glorified larp.

I’d pay $30 to see Joe Cumia
I’d pay $30 to see Joe work a few hours at a Dairy Queen.