• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This is really awful.

Forum Clout
This appeared in my recommended and I gave it a chance. He really is beyond terrible. The fake "haha this bombed and I didnt expect it to!" even though his jokes about it bombing was what he planned from the start. Fucking cunt. Ugly fucking piece of unfunny shit.

That's Jimmy's act now. He riffs on news stories he saw on his phone, and when his low-effort gags bomb, he chats with the audience about it in that really grating, self-deprecating way that's supposed to be funny, I guess. Other than his endless depravity, he has nothing of note going on that he can write jokes about, so he reads tweets for material.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
I like the way you think he's floundering and then he adlibs that clever bullet metaphor and then he goes 'ah ah ah' and that makes you laugh harder than if the whole thing had even gone as he planned it!

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
Even when I liked Norton the most, I don't think I ever liked his stand-up. I remember laughing at those books he wrote (on account of being a retard and all) but I don't think I've ever laughed at any of his actual routines.

There was a while there when I was going to any gig that featured an O&A comedian. Even saw Marc Maron.

Norton was the worst by far, but also had the biggest audience by far. This was around 2005 or 2006, when he was filling Louis CK sized venues.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
His best work was on Bully and GTA IV. That's a big deal, because I couldn't stand him by the end of the first season of Tough Crowd. 20 straight years of hatred is just too much. At least it temporarily suspended for a few years.

Also, I listened to Yellow Discipline in 2003 and never listened to his albums or saw his specials until I checkedout Netflix's Degenerates in 2020. Nice 17 year gap, stupid. Nice 20 minutes, stupid. That's all I could handle anyway.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
Counterpoint:

Jim Norton is "Exhibit A" of how jobs in the real world actually work:

1) Don't say anything that will get you fired

2) Don't take any risks

3) Show up on time (admittedly he used to suck at this, but he figured it out by 2008 or so.)

4) quantity of work > quality of work

This morning I was in a conference call at work, and someone on my team basically asked me "what have you been DOING for the last six months, and weren't you the one who was supposed to get this done?"

My gut reaction was to get pissed off, but I just brushed it off. Because he might not be thrilled with my level of productivity, but I showed up on time and as much as I wanted to get in a pissing match, I didn't. The dude calling me out works 400% as hard as I do, and he does good work, but I got better things to do TBH