• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Paywall = the most retarded thing possible if you have a podcast

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Cumia doing it makes sense because he has no broader appeal beyond like 300 cultist fans and the fewer people who actually watch, the more mystery is built about what he "can get away with" on his "free speech platform." (not knowing it's literally nothing) It's not comedy, it's not politics, it's a novelty podcast. LOS are competing against 1000 comedy podcasts doing the exact same thing they are, often much better - a pay wall is suicide.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I think the best method is one free and one behind Patreon for $5. Then you can still do ads, get growth, and make a little extra pawket money. There’s no way Ant ever grows audience wise. Remember when you could watch for free on Mondays? One of Keith’s not terrible ideas.
The thing is - once you see what's on offer, you don't want it. It might be smarter to keep it completely secret, to tempt in the occasional rube.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I think more people should keep their archives free or at least don’t spaz out if people share them. Cumtown probably wouldn’t have taken off like it did if they had scrubbed the internet of their Patreon episodes. Similar situation with Matt and Shane. Most podcasts start to get terrible after a couple hundred episodes anyway.

And now GAS Digital is censoring their new episodes and removing things from their archive. If everything is going to be shit and you’re not going to put in any effort, just make it free and do more ad reads.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I think the best method is one free and one behind Patreon for $5. Then you can still do ads, get growth, and make a little extra pawket money. There’s no way Ant ever grows audience wise. Remember when you could watch for free on Mondays? One of Keith’s not terrible ideas.
$5 is still too much for one podcast. For $10 a month you can listen to millions of songs on a streaming platform. Podcasts to me are very disposable and should all be free.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
The thing is - once you see what's on offer, you don't want it. It might be smarter to keep it completely secret, to tempt in the occasional rube.
Most people binge listen to podcasts so I think you’re better off letting them have a lot then want more. Even GAS keeping the last 5 free was a good idea.
I think more people should keep their archives free or at least don’t spaz out if people share them. Cumtown probably wouldn’t have taken off like it did if they had scrubbed the internet of their Patreon episodes. Similar situation with Matt and Shane. Most podcasts start to get terrible after a couple hundred episodes anyway.

And now GAS Digital is censoring their new episodes and removing things from their archive. If everything is going to be shit and you’re not going to put in any effort, just make it free and do more ad reads.
Cumtown and MSSP were exactly the two I was thinking of. The censoring stuff is that YouTube motherfucks you with the algorithm if you swear early or use slurs. I haven’t listened in a little bit but he said they were still uncensored on the website.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
MLC does this, you can also go the redbar route where you upload clips for free on yt and charge for full episodes behind a paywall.
My MLC podcast feed hasn’t updated in forever. I assumed he stopped doing free episodes. Ironically Kevin left Riotcast because they wanted to go behind a paywall. Is everything on YouTube?

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
My MLC podcast feed hasn’t updated in forever. I assumed he stopped doing free episodes. Ironically Kevin left Riotcast because they wanted to go behind a paywall. Is everything on YouTube?
I don't understand Kevin's logic behind which livestreams make it on Yt and which is behind the paywall on patreon.

Idk what his criteria is, but some episodes are kept up for hours after they are ended, and when you look the next day it's gone.

Also he screenshots every donation that comes in, like the IRS is after him for every penny. it's so goofy watching him doing that.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I don't understand Kevin's logic behind which livestreams make it on Yt and which is behind the paywall on patreon.

Idk what his criteria is, but some episodes are kept up for hours after they are ended, and when you look the next day it's gone.

Also he screenshots every donation that comes in, like the IRS is after him for every penny. it's so goofy watching him doing that.
Kevin is a weird fucking guy and a lunatic. I miss the early MLC’s and Burning Bridges. I’m shocked there’s no way that YouTube logs it for you. There has to be.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
Most people binge listen to podcasts so I think you’re better off letting them have a lot then want more. Even GAS keeping the last 5 free was a good idea.

Cumtown and MSSP were exactly the two I was thinking of. The censoring stuff is that YouTube motherfucks you with the algorithm if you swear early or use slurs. I haven’t listened in a little bit but he said they were still uncensored on the website.
I actually think they should charge to listen to the newest 5 episodes and put the rest in a free archive. Also, I just listsned to a new LOS last night on a regular podcast app and they censored Luis saying “gook”.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I actually think they should charge to listen to the newest 5 episodes and put the rest in a free archive. Also, I just listsned to a new LOS last night on a regular podcast app and they censored Luis saying “gook”.
The reason he said was YouTube but I guess they use that copy for everything except the GAS Digital version. Maybe it was cop out though. Not sure how the apps work.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Seems like they’re trying to force people to pay for GAS but it could just be laziness. Either way it kind of kills the podcasts for me.
I paid for it for like 5 years from 2014 when they originally started. I switched credit cards and kind of forgot about it. The way I look at it is that Luis owes me a personal thank you.