• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

My mom showed me a shane gillis video....

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Shane Gillis has never been edgy or funny. I saw him on Rogan. He's mostly known for getting banned from Saturday Night Live. No comedians under 40 have any edge, and for the ones that are over 40 it's mostly in their past. We now have safe, mom-approved faggy comedians like Shane Gillis, Mark Normand, and Theo Vaughn.

But he's so relatable because he says dude and bro a lot. Lol!

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
I wonder if there's gonna be another comedian that injects back some meanness with a weird gimmick somewhere down the line.

It seems standup is almost cyclical:
  1. society gets panicky and pant-twisted in a moral outrage mostly due to war, recession, etc. but blame comedy
  2. comedians either keep complaining about said outrage instead being funny (Chapelle et al.) OR
  3. they neuter their act (Bob Kelly) and become prop comics (Jim Norton) or just do boilerplate crowd work and observational comedy
  4. Comedy dies for a few years, comedy anything becomes horrific and unberable to even consume
  5. some disruptive degenerate guy somehow pulls it off, revives comedy completely for a few years
  6. comedians jump (back) on the bandwagon of shock and outrage comedy but most of them stink at it
  7. society comes to their senses, people rib each other more
  8. rinse and repeat

Lenny Bruce - George Carlin - Rodney Dangerfield - Richard Pryor - Sam Kinison - Andrew Dice Clay - Louis CK
I see a lineage there and I think we're right now in step 4, due for step 5 any time.
I should look up some of those zoomer comedians that are coming up.

I thought in the early 2000s surely standup comedy will die because of the internet, but then the post-Rogan/CK boom happened.

I also admit I thought Shane would be IT but then the did the faggy podcast thing everywhere and I quickly lost any hope for him.

Last edited:

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I’ll give Shane credit and say that his podcast was one of my favorites for a while. But it’s been terrible the last couple of years. And all of the sketches they did were painful. That whole crew is made up of guys that are too nice to critique each other, so everything they end up doing ends up being shit. They tried way too hard to appeal to the kinds of people that watch Barstool.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I wonder if there's gonna be another comedian that injects back some meanness with a weird gimmick somewhere down the line.

1. society gets panicky and pant-twisted in a moral outrage mostly due to war, recession, etc. but blame comedy
  2. comedians either keep complaining about said outrage instead being funny (Chapelle et al.) OR
  3. they neuter their act (Bob Kelly) and become prop comics (Jim Norton) or just do boilerplate crowd work and observational comedy
  4. Comedy dies for a few years, comedy anything becomes horrific and unberable to even consume
  5. some disruptive degenerate guy somehow pulls it off, revives comedy completely for a few years
  6. comedians jump (back) on the bandwagon of shock and outrage comedy but most of them stink at it
  8. rinse and repeat

Lenny Bruce - George Carlin - Rodney Dangerfield - Richard Pryor - Sam Kinison - Andrew Dice Clay - Louis CK
I see a lineage there and I think we're right now in step 4, due for step 5 any time.

I thought in the early 2000s surely standup comedy will die because of the internet, but then the post-Rogan/CK boom happened.

I also admit I thought Shane would be IT but then the did the faggy podcast thing everywhere and I quickly lost any hope for him.
Gee... Wonder if any podcast reunion is in the works to do that...?

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
Skit was funny, Shane's a weird one. Not quite edgy but also not too gay.
RE: his podcast
He's pulling a Billy Burr, "Dude, this politician is crazy huh?! My dad..." Fuck off, own it or don't.
AUTISM OVERLOAD: They also have this fucking weird infection that I've only heard girls do irl, "Tell, me dude?!", and the voice goes up 10 octaves. It annoys me to no end

EraGodless

Forum Clout

8. rinse and repeat

I think Tosh has a bit of edge to him.