• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jim Norton has retroactively ruined Opie and Anthony for me

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I would never consider myself an O&A expert by any means but I do have a recommendation if you’re looking for full shows to listen to. In 2005 the Worm was gone quite a bit to give the worst acting performance of all time in Lucky Louie so there were a lot of shows where they had another comic in his place.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
What's strange is even with both how shit they've become, I can still enjoy old Anthony audio, but old Jimmy usually loses me. Despite their respective annoyances, I see now Ant had more natural wit. Jimmy had a toolbox of the same joke ideas (many stolen from other acts) that he'd just try to square peg into every bit. I also think Ant had his demons more under control until the Obama reelection whereas Jimmy ALWAYS put his gross faggot shit before anything.

Lucky Louie

I watched a few minutes of that on Youtube for the first time and it's mortifying anyone ever thought that was worth a shit. Louie's radio appearances and standup were funny at the time, I have no idea why he thought that cornball trash was worth anything. Even for its pretentious bullshit, his "Louie" show was far more well constructed and watchable.
All that said, I wouldn't not rape Pam Adlon.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I watched a few minutes of that on Youtube for the first time and it's mortifying anyone ever thought that was worth a shit. Louie's radio appearances and standup were funny at the time, I have no idea why he thought that cornball trash was worth anything. Even for its pretentious bullshit, his "Louie" show was far more well constructed and watchable.
All that said, I wouldn't not rape Pam Adlon.
Lucky Louie was brought to HBO at the time where they would sign 100 shows and just throw all the shit at the wall. HBO had shows premiering on its various other channels like HBO Family or HBO Zone. They were just splurging on everything. So someone connected in show business like Louis CK basically got a deal to make a low budget sitcom because HBO's (((executives))) were giving shows to anyone.

It was at a time where bad shows would get a first season order even if they were awful. So Lucky Louie had a painfully unfunny and awful first season that basically everyone hated. And you could tell that O&A and the other comics knew it was dogshit but didn't want to waste time arguing with Norton.

Louie is basically another version of Curb. But the plots are stolen from O&A show stories. So O&A did a perv switch news story about a dentist who molested his patients. Then Louie has an episode about a dentist who puts his dick in Louis CK's mouth a few months later.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
Lucky Louie was brought to HBO at the time where they would sign 100 shows and just throw all the shit at the wall. HBO had shows premiering on its various other channels like HBO Family or HBO Zone. They were just splurging on everything. So someone connected in show business like Louis CK basically got a deal to make a low budget sitcom because HBO's (((executives))) were giving shows to anyone.

It was at a time where bad shows would get a first season order even if they were awful. So Lucky Louie had a painfully unfunny and awful first season that basically everyone hated. And you could tell that O&A and the other comics knew it was dogshit but didn't want to waste time arguing with Norton.

Louie is basically another version of Curb. But the plots are stolen from O&A show stories. So O&A did a perv switch news story about a dentist who molested his patients. Then Louie has an episode about a dentist who puts his dick in Louis CK's mouth a few months later.
Louie is like Curb without the pesky “comedy” parts.

Forum Clout
I always saw it as the other comics, other than CQ, constantly sucking Louie’s dick because he had pull in Hollywood. Like when he’s making fun of Bobby’s “He past”, he describes it as similar to an e.e. cummings poem and a roomful of morons and dropouts are howling with laughter.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout

Even that was ripped off from Seinfeld, which had a network TV friendly version with Bryan Cranston as the dentist. Which reminds me that Louie also used Seinfeld's comic-doing-material-to-set-up-the-episode thing. When Louis was asked about it, he claimed he didn't even think of Seinfeld when he planned the show. It was the biggest sitcom of the '90s and Jerry is your pal, but that's believable I guess.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout

I wish that would come back. Yeah, it produces lots of crap you forget about, but that's how you find off-the-wall gems too. Nobody takes chances like that anymore.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I’m too lazy to fucking find it, Louis was on O&A talking about how the writers were incensed he changed a line on the spot. But wrapping up that story he went through why people didn’t like Lucky Louis and basically said some shit like “Maybe I made it too hard to understand.” He couldn’t flat out say it was garbage, just misunderstood genius. Just like he critiqued Paul O for doing with his shit film. Louis is a pretentious fart sniffing faggot.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
I would never consider myself an O&A expert by any means but I do have a recommendation if you’re looking for full shows to listen to. In 2005 the Worm was gone quite a bit to give the worst acting performance of all time in Lucky Louie so there were a lot of shows where they had another comic in his place.

Listen to the first hour of any almost any show before one of the contract negotiations. I can't remember which, but it was one of the last ones. I think it was worse during the free fm / walkover days because free fm hated morton as well.

He was also gone on fridays very often ( I think it was fridays), which is when patrice, blobert and others filled in. This was when morton was doing more overnight shit like the tonight show or traveling for standup.

There were shows where I just assumed he wasn't in that day because he wouldn't say anything for 60-90 minutes. He later admitted he was writing his shitty books during that time. He would then make some terrible puddle of aids , toe trigger, hat with gutters abortion joke that made nana fall over laughing like an hour in.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Listen to the first hour of any almost any show before one of the contract negotiations. I can't remember which, but it was one of the last ones. I think it was worse during the free fm / walkover days because free fm hated morton as well.

He was also gone on fridays very often ( I think it was fridays), which is when patrice, blobert and others filled in. This was when morton was doing more overnight shit like the tonight show or traveling for standup.

There were shows where I just assumed he wasn't in that day because he wouldn't say anything for 60-90 minutes. He later admitted he was writing his shitty books during that time. He would then make some terrible puddle of aids , toe trigger, hat with gutters abortion joke that made nana fall over laughing like an hour in.

We must compile all the dates of these distractions... Writing the book, traveling for gigs/Leno/HBO, And put together the ultimate #NoNorton playlist.