Is the SFWA funding Patrick Tomlinson's lawsuit against the black guy?

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Then who is? Seems pricy.
no idea. No idea where the money to pay me off came from either. But the SFWA spent 8-10k on an an actually decent lawyer to prevent me from digging in to things. They would not want to touch this, but that's secondary to the main point. This doesn't involve his books, book reviews or anything even "tangenially" related to being a former author.

The lawsuit against me was bullshit of course, but the SFWA had some plausible deniability at least. They could at least argue that the reviews were related to their members best interests. What the fuck does the PD have to do with them?

then again the SFWA is full of retards , so maybe you're right.

Spook

no idea. No idea where the money to pay me off came from either. But the SFWA spent 8-10k on an an actually decent lawyer to prevent me from digging in to things. They would not want to touch this, but that's secondary to the main point. This doesn't involve his books, book reviews or anything even "tangenially" related to being a former author.

The lawsuit against me was bullshit of course, but the SFWA had some plausible deniability at least. They could at least argue that the reviews were related to their members best interests. What the fuck does the PD have to do with them?

I was going off Pat's reply when he told a funster "Yes they will" when someone told him the SFWA won't fund him anymore.

I figured Pat kool-aid-manned his way into emotionally extorting them in his typical pigheaded way.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I was going off Pat's reply when he told a funster "Yes they will" when someone told him the SFWA won't fund him anymore.
…So you believed Pat at his word?

Pat isn’t immune to letting shit slip just to get one up on his stalkers but theres also an equally, probably more, probable chance he’s also just lying to instill fear in his stalkers. I.e, “You have no idea where the money is coming from.” GASP, I guess it’s a mysterious benefactor and totally not his mother in law!

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
c662784439ccf9863c6441abbc4264f3eb3367e4ff4c9f8c9452d2dcbdb46495.jpg

Spook

…So you believed Pat at his word?

Pat isn’t immune to letting shit slip just to get one up on his stalkers but theres also an equally, probably more, probable chance he’s also just lying to instill fear in his stalkers. I.e, “You have no idea where the money is coming from.” GASP, I guess it’s a mysterious benefactor and totally not his mother in law!
*Pats head*

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman

Patrick said in his numb brained chatbot lawyer post that they'd ghosted him once it went south right?

I believe their charter says they can use funds to help pay settlements for authors if it's in the interest of faggy spaceshit. The fact it came in pieces like it did has me assuming they paid for it with ill advised loans.

There's no way his current legal debacle is related enough for SFWA to justify it and the leadership is all different now from when Pat had Mary Threenames and Fat Rambo simping for him. Has current SFWA leadership ever publicly spoken to or about Pat?

I sort of assumed he got some We Only Get Paid When You Do shyster to do a pro bono deal with Pat paying a retainer fee and everybody hoping to cash out with a settlement from the city.

T. Booth Willy

Caged heat
You guys are laughing now. Just wait. He has Jackie on his team this time. If she is half the financial advisor that she is legal expert, than Pat has already taken a reverse mortgage on the hovel and maxed out Niki's credit cards to pay for the attorneys that are going to make them both rich. Stlakers are going to rue the day they fucked with Patrick S. Tomlinson and Fat Jackie Singh.