• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Is Compound Media profitable?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Lets try to answer the question with the meager information we have.

Lets start with this screenshot.

FD61DA85-B76E-48FA-BC2B-C903DBDE06B6.jpeg

This is the leaked view count from CM around 2018.

Now lets do some (assumed, and generous) math: Lets say a quarter of his fanbase dropped off in those five years. This view count would be around 680 views. Now lets say the viewers doesn’t equal the subscribers and that only 1 out of every 10 subscribers views a video. That would mean Cumia has 6800 subscribers. Lets be generous and round it up to 10,000.

If they all are subscribed yearly, Cumia is pulling $850,000 a year before taxes and expenses. We will once again be generous and add $150,000 in youtube monetization, sponsors, stream donations, and live gigs.

So Cumia makes $1 million a year off of CM. Now this sounds good until you factor in a lot of other things. I’m going to underestimate a lot of numbers for Anthonys sake: Lets say Erik is making $200k/year. Then Compound Media currently has 11 other shows besides TACS. If we assume each has 2 members, making $500 a show, and they do 4 shows a week, he is paying about $150,000/year in other shows salaries. I can’t find any information on Cumias studio, but I assume he rents or owns it. In either case he has to be operating this at a loss. We will be (EXTREMELY) modest and once again say $200,000/year. Then we have to factor in his apartment…again, modestly $100,000/year. We don’t know what the mortgage on the SC house is so I can’t speculate on that.

Thats not even getting into baby bro or sis. Lets say he pays them $100k each as well. Cumia now has $150k

Then…NYC income tax is about 4%. Based on his profit after expenses he has around $ left. He has $144,000 in profit…And again…this does not factor in his SC mortgage. Nor Missys expenses. Nor his own expenses. Nor his gambling. Nor his car payments. Or anything else.

So then the question has to be asked…if Cumia is making so little money with CM, how has it survived?

Simple: If we redo all the math from before, but factor in his assumed subscribers and sponsors from when CM first started, Cumia was probably making “good” money in comparison. Sure, Gavin, KtC, and the Compound were bigger expenses than Geno, Erik, and the SCompound. But the expenses lined up with his income…until it didn’t. There is an obvious decline after selling the Compound: Cumia starts doing live shows more frequently. He sells his home at a loss and changes his entire career by planning to move to SC. Keith the Cop fucked off. The gambling slowed down. There was an obvious financial change and it was obvious with Cumia offering 50% of the company to Opie. If I had to guess what started this it was Artie. They no doubt paid him at least a million and for no benefit to the company. He didn’t bring in subscribers, and if he did there was a signing bonus in his contract which meant anyone he brought in fucked over the company more.

Cumia has basically been scraping by on whatever he has saved, thinking his degenerate spending wouldn’t catch up to him. And when it did we saw the results, having to sell his house at a loss and cut baby bros salary. Now he’s living (somewhat) modestly so he can continue to scrape by just to continue to pay his employees.

TLDR he’s fucked.

Forum Clout
Bare in mind; apparently you can cancel a subscription and they will just keep taking money. As I understand it, that years old "glitch" had never been fixed on their end, people were resorting to needing their banks put a stop to the charges.

I'd wager it's not entirely unlikely a significant bulk of his income is straight up stolen in that manner.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
I'd wager it's not entirely unlikely a significant bulk of his income is straight up stolen in that manner.
While I do think a portion of his income is from this, it’s shaky. For a small business like Cumia to be doing that repeatedly for years customers would notice and call the credit card company. Enough notices and the credit card companies will literally stop letting you pay the service with the provider. Why do you think Itunes has its own refund page? It’s more beneficial for them to just refund whatever you ask than to have you call the credit card company for unauthorized charges and subscriptions. And thats fucking Apple.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
So, Cumia has talked about this, but I think the lions share of Compound Media profits is actually renting out production space and equipment to other content creators, from the obvious like Chrissie Myer to ones that seem like they didn't need it, like Cumtown. Compound pays for itself and Tony's day to day expenses, what it also creates is a wall Anthony hasn't been able to, or will ever be able to overcome to achieve anything like a lasting legacy, or a hugely successful, culturally relevant work, as I'm sure he expected his book to do - can't be done when you talk to the same 600 guys every day.

Forum Clout
Lets try to answer the question with the meager information we have.

Lets start with this screenshot.

View attachment 130269
This is the leaked view count from CM around 2018.

Now lets do some (assumed, and generous) math: Lets say a quarter of his fanbase dropped off in those five years. This view count would be around 680 views. Now lets say the viewers doesn’t equal the subscribers and that only 1 out of every 10 subscribers views a video. That would mean Cumia has 6800 subscribers. Lets be generous and round it up to 10,000.

If they all are subscribed yearly, Cumia is pulling $850,000 a year before taxes and expenses. We will once again be generous and add $150,000 in youtube monetization, sponsors, stream donations, and live gigs.

So Cumia makes $1 million a year off of CM. Now this sounds good until you factor in a lot of other things. I’m going to underestimate a lot of numbers for Anthonys sake: Lets say Erik is making $200k/year. Then Compound Media currently has 11 other shows besides TACS. If we assume each has 2 members, making $500 a show, and they do 4 shows a week, he is paying about $150,000/year in other shows salaries. I can’t find any information on Cumias studio, but I assume he rents or owns it. In either case he has to be operating this at a loss. We will be (EXTREMELY) modest and once again say $200,000/year. Then we have to factor in his apartment…again, modestly $100,000/year. We don’t know what the mortgage on the SC house is so I can’t speculate on that.

Thats not even getting into baby bro or sis. Lets say he pays them $100k each as well. Cumia now has $150k

Then…NYC income tax is about 4%. Based on his profit after expenses he has around $ left. He has $144,000 in profit…And again…this does not factor in his SC mortgage. Nor Missys expenses. Nor his own expenses. Nor his gambling. Nor his car payments. Or anything else.

So then the question has to be asked…if Cumia is making so little money with CM, how has it survived?

Simple: If we redo all the math from before, but factor in his assumed subscribers and sponsors from when CM first started, Cumia was probably making “good” money in comparison. Sure, Gavin, KtC, and the Compound were bigger expenses than Geno, Erik, and the SCompound. But the expenses lined up with his income…until it didn’t. There is an obvious decline after selling the Compound: Cumia starts doing live shows more frequently. He sells his home at a loss and changes his entire career by planning to move to SC. Keith the Cop fucked off. The gambling slowed down. There was an obvious financial change and it was obvious with Cumia offering 50% of the company to Opie. If I had to guess what started this it was Artie. They no doubt paid him at least a million and for no benefit to the company. He didn’t bring in subscribers, and if he did there was a signing bonus in his contract which meant anyone he brought in fucked over the company more.

Cumia has basically been scraping by on whatever he has saved, thinking his degenerate spending wouldn’t catch up to him. And when it did we saw the results, having to sell his house at a loss and cut baby bros salary. Now he’s living (somewhat) modestly so he can continue to scrape by just to continue to pay his employees.

TLDR he’s fucked.
He rents the studio in some chinee owned building.
Artie ,grain of salt, said he was promised 800k with all bonuses and incentives included. He only got about 100k once his junkie behavior required a "pay per appearance" arrangement.
100k is also the salary landau got for his 4 years there. Nana admitted artie signing boosted the subscriber base quite a bit enough that they got to break even with it.
Erock is not getting 200k. Yes he technically "runs" the network but he has a full time job somewhere else. He "runs'' the network poorly in part time hours. Adam Carollas salary scale for his producers is about 50k to 70k and for Gas digital network its 58k to 75k . I doubt Nana pays his 3 producers and erock way more than that. Nana compensates them a little more by letting erock and the producer crew have podcasts on the network.

Chrissie Mayr might get 500$ for her once a week show but I doubt Geno does for his 4 episodes a week. The morning show has 2 hosts so you're telling me Anthony pays the broad and the fag a combined 4k a week? Nope. 2k sure . They make closer to 200$ an episode like Kevin Brennan said he was paid.

They all make nothing that's why there's always been some push to do road gigs with comedians on the network to squeeze as much shekels from cumia fading name.
Is he fucked? morally, sexually , and health wise sure. Financially maybe. He's been telegraphing his move for awhile now. once he's settled in South Carolina expect a slow culling of the podcasts and crew on the network. Eventually Nana is going to need someone to handle his show from the plantation . Why would he pay for a studio in New York he's never in?

Last edited:

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
Nana has so many unnecessary overheads with that network and always has. At first, you could admire his ambition for trying to create an entire network with multiple shows but now it just has to be a weight around his neck.

It is funny seeing him plunge further and further into obscurity and losing money though. Who would've thought constantly ranting about blacks for 15 years like an insane person wouldn't be a good career move. Enjoy constantly downgrading every aspect of your life, nana. Those plastic garden dinosaurs have to seem a million years ago at this point.

You're still hilarious! :image_9253:

Forum Clout
It's a tough one, hard to believe that 2023 Nana has 10k people paying to listen to him, I'd be surprised if it was half that to be honest. I don't know how much is coming in or out but I don't think the people on his network are making that much money to be honest, as a matter of fact apart from his most popular shows (It's just him and Chrissie Mayr isn't it?) I'd say they're going out on the air for free for "exposure" or whatever.

Nana probably makes low six figures when it's all said and done at the end of it all, not a bad living but also not great compared to where he was a decade ago. I also think his appearance fee these days would be in the hundreds not the thousands anymore.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
He rents the studio in some chinee owned building.
Artie ,grain of salt, said he was promised 800k with all bonuses and incentives included. He only got about 100k once his junkie behavior required a "pay per appearance" arrangement.
100k is also the salary landau got for his 4 years there. Nana admitted artie signing boosted the subscriber base quite a bit enough that they got to break even with it.
Erock is not getting 200k. Yes he technically "runs" the network but he has a full time job somewhere else. He "runs'' the network poorly in part time hours. Adam Carollas salary scale for his producers is about 50k to 70k and for Gas digital network its 58k to 75k . I doubt Nana pays his 3 producers and erock way more than that. Nana compensates them a little more by letting erock and the producer crew have podcasts on the network.

Chrissie Mayr might get 500$ for her once a week show but I doubt Geno does for his 4 episodes a week. The morning show has 2 hosts so you're telling me Anthony pays the broad and the fag a combined 4k a week? Nope. 2k sure . They make closer to 200$ an episode like Kevin Brennan said he got.

They all make nothing that's why there's always been some push to do road gigs with comedians on the network to squeeze as much shekels from cumia fading name.
Is he fucked? morally, sexually , and health wise sure. Financially maybe. He's been telegraphing his move for awhile now. once he's settled in South Carolina expect a slow culling of the podcasts and crew on the network. Eventually Nana is going to need someone to handle his show from the plantation . Why would he pay for a studio in New York he's never in?
They promised Artie a bonus based on subscribers gained then Keith leaked the deal before the contract was signed which fucked Artie out of a lot of money.

ShockJockRobot

Forum Clout
My guess is that the network is running around breakeven to slightly profitable.

Nana probably works for free. They've massively cut back on the shows where they actually had to pay the hosts. Their overhead is basically rent, bandwidth, and the producer staff. And I'll be shocked if Nana keeps the studio once moving south.

From the traffic on /r/tacn they appear to have attracted some amount of new right wing racist grifter audience during the Trump years. Don't think anyone has any real idea how many paying subscribers they really have. Their live events certainly aren't attracting any sort of audience.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Bare in mind; apparently you can cancel a subscription and they will just keep taking money. As I understand it, that years old "glitch" had never been fixed on their end, people were resorting to needing their banks put a stop to the charges.

How has no law firm taken this on yet?
Is CP Media too poor to be worth suing?
(Heheh, Sue)

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Why do you think erock is worth 200k a year? Btw didn't he say he paid landcow 6 figures?
erock not making no fucking 200k at CP Media. That nigga gets paid in chum.
You guys are having contentions with this so let me explain why I think he’s being paid at least 6 figures. Ben Dovid just claimed in another thread Erik was making 100k a year in 2007. He was just a production guy then. He then ran his own show and got promoted to show runner for SXM. He had to have been making 150k plus with that title. If Anthony wanted any shot at hiring him he had to match his old salary and had to match whatever he was paying Keith to pay Erik.

Forum Clout
You guys are having contentions with this so let me explain why I think he’s being paid at least 6 figures. Ben Dovid just claimed in another thread Erik was making 100k a year in 2007. He was just a production guy then. He then ran his own show and got promoted to show runner for SXM. He had to have been making 150k plus with that title. If Anthony wanted any shot at hiring him he had to match his old salary and had to match whatever he was paying Keith to pay Erik.
Erock got let go from SXM. He didn’t leave for Ant. Piggy boi needed a job. I don’t think many terrestrial radio stations were knocking down the door trying to give him anywhere close to 150k to be fat and do nothing in 2020 or whenever it was. There’s no money there anymore. If he had offers I doubt they were close to where he was at salary wise at SXM. And everyone says CP Media doesn’t pay dick and are cheap. Someone que up Kevin Brennan screaming “100 DOLLAAARSSSS!!!”

Last edited:

ShockJockRobot

Forum Clout
Erock got let go from SXM....

This. Erock tied his (fat) wagon to Opie and then found out that Opie's expectations on what he was worth solo post-Sirius were *way* out of line with what people were actually willing to pay him

He took the job at CM because nothing else was available. And he figured out during Covid that he didn't even need to bother showing up.

Erock and Garrett *might* be getting paid 6 figures- but probably not. And the rest of the production crew are getting paid peanuts.

FWIW, I was a subscriber when Piggy Boy got hired and I never really figured out what exactly it was that he did. The network's production values didn't improve when he showed up. They didn't get any new shows/sponsors. The guests went to hell. What does eRock actually do?

Lucky Buddha Beer

You will be incapacitated if you do not flush
Forum Clout
Chrissie Mayr might get 500$ for her once a week show but I doubt Geno does for his 4 episodes a week. The morning show has 2 hosts so you're telling me Anthony pays the broad and the fag a combined 4k a week? Nope. 2k sure . They make closer to 200$ an episode like Kevin Brennan said he was paid.
Knowing that bum Gino makes barely a little more biweekly than a fucking grocery store employee makes me loff. Nice teenager monthly earnings in your late 40s stupid.

Last edited:

Lucky Buddha Beer

You will be incapacitated if you do not flush
Forum Clout
You're thinking from the mindset of Erock actually being competent. He's not, he's a lazy moron who should've never been at that pay grade. He can't go to another actually professional company, theyd maybe hire him but sniff him out fast and probably fire him. He can only work for a wet brained ghoul like Cumia.