Has This Airbnb Been Posted?

I can't shake the feeling there are some fake reviews going on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_185256_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_185256_Chrome.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20240430_185007_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_185007_Reddit.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 102

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
There's something creepy about it, too - using fake reviews to entice people to stay at your Airbnb. The fact that the negative ones are really negative and always get a bitchy reply from Pat makes me think that it's not a great place.

I bet it's something very stupid like paying people on Fiverr or whatever.
I assumed its posts by ghost since it’s not like they do any real work. Remember - Niki LOVES A.I while Pat cries it’s evil and will destroy the world or something.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I assumed its posts by ghost since it’s not like they do any real work. Remember - Niki LOVES A.I while Pat cries it’s evil and will destroy the world or something.
This would imply post by ghost drives value, which it doesn’t. They probably are paying a third party just so they don’t fuck it up on their own.

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
Im not saying reviews on airbnb can’t be fake, but I use airbnb all the time and I don’t think you can just hire Indians to leave fraudulent reviews. You can’t leave a review until you’ve booked a stay and the duration of it is completed, the review interface isn’t even open to you.

A fake review scheme would have to involve fraudulent bookings. I’m sure that’s possible but it’s not as easy as paying people on fiverr

Im not saying reviews on airbnb can’t be fake, but I use airbnb all the time and I don’t think you can just hire Indians to leave fraudulent reviews. You can’t leave a review until you’ve booked a stay and the duration of it is completed, the review interface isn’t even open to you.

A fake review scheme would have to involve fraudulent bookings. I’m sure that’s possible but it’s not as easy as paying people on fiverr
Not worth the trouble, either. People mainly check reviews for believable bad reviews, or maybe to clarify something that wasn’t clear in the listing details. They’re not shopping for a new best friend. At the end of the day they either rent your hovel or not - based on price, location, availability, # of beds and a lack of poor reviews.

This would imply post by ghost drives value, which it doesn’t. They probably are paying a third party just so they don’t fuck it up on their own.
That would also imply that either of them have any valueS. Which they don’t. They both give the impression of surface-level thinking, templated “beliefs”, and whatever they think benefits them in the short term.