• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Christmas Eve Reminder: Opie created O&A, the show, the name, the brand itself

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
The birth of Christ. Today it is important to also remember the birth of God's Favorite creation... Opie & Anthony. The only reason there WAS an "& Anthony" was because Opie gave that 50% by changing his show to a partnership. Even working at WBAB, Opie himself knew he needed someone to chat with.

Opie could have said "This is The Opie Show or Opie's Midnight Attitude and you're my song parody stunt boy."

But Opie insisted that Anthony be his co-host, with his name on the show (similarly to Opie with Jim.) Opie forced stations to match Opie's pay with Anthony's. Opie included Anthony in decisions that he easily could have excluded him from. Opie made a big show of doing this, sure. We only know this happened because he told us. But Anthony admits it's true. And even if Opie only did these things to brag about them... HE STILL DID THEM.

Like Santa Claus dropping into Anthony's chimney and gifting him a 19 year career. This holiday season, The DMAN feels it necessary to keep pushing this information forward during the holiday rush so that when the truckers come back to the site en masse they will have brand new content to peruse. You are welcome, in advance.

Tip for those with large families. The DMAN employs a neat trick annually to attend the family gathering, while avoiding the family. Offer to distract the kids so they're not running around breaking things. The DMAN takes the children and teens off to the yard outside for Recess. He breaks out the Demented World CD, and forces them to listen to Opie & Anthony on the Radio Raheem speakers. Every year they return and want to make requests for certain tracks. #NoNorton. The Virus will relapse.

Point being -- That Demented World CD comes with liner notes in which Opie and Anthony write their own dedications. The difference in "Vision" from Opie and Anthony in their own words is staggering. Opie's blurb is a perfect synopsis of the show, and it sheds light on what is to come in the future. It was oddly inspiring, you could tell he truly believed what he was doing.

Anthony's blurb was references to old movies and TV, and a story that GOES ON AND ON about his wacky fight with Boomer Easiason. It was a psychotic rant from someone begging to be liked. Whereas Opie's stated "Here's what I am in plain English, and here's why I do it. Like it or don't."

Judge for yourself. You can even skip Anthony's. But Opie's is worth reading.

Anthony
ANTHONY thanx: JENNIFER, OPIE, MY BROTHER JOE, ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL FOR THE TELEPHONE (prank calls are hard to do in person!), ViTO CORLEONE, ELI WHiTNEY FOR THE COTTON GIN, MARSHA, JAN, CINDY, GREG, PETER, BOBBY, MiKE , CAROL, ALICE, TIGER, SAM THE BUTCHER. CAPTAIN MORGAN, BERNIE & PHiL, STIMiE, BUCKWHEAT. PETE POLINA (my high school Dean, who told me i was wasting my time in school: He was right!). How many people can say that they once had a fight with an NFL Quarterback? Hey, i did. Okay, so we were both only 11 years old at the time, but it happened! We were in the same 5th grade class back on Long island. He was the big jock type, loved by all the gym teachers. He even acquired his cool, macho nickname which he still uses today. How do you compete with that at eleven? Anyway, one day we were playing dodge ball and Mr. Future Quarterback was on the opposing team. With an arm like a P*ckin' cannon, he was taking people out like Pacino in the final scene of Scarface. My friend, Timmy Struthers was next to me when he made a fatal dodge ball error: he looked down. By the time Timmy's head came back up, Mr. NFL had already wound up and fired. Many years later i saw this quarterback on TV make that same throw 80 yards into the end zone. Timmy was only 10 feet away. The red rubber ball found its mark right on Timmy's forehead. "Yer out Struthers Walk it off-What, are you a girl?" yelled the gym teacher. I'd had ill This guy got away with everything. Now, i knew i could never beat him in a fight, but i had a secret Weapon: his real name. He hated it!

I waited for the perfect opportunity. I peeked around a corner and he was at the end of the hallway. As loud as i could, i screamed "Hi (real name)"- hell, it even echoed. it felt great. "That's for you, Timmy. (3:00 PM) Schools out! God, my last meal was a pizza bagel. A crowd was already there outside and Mr. NFL was in the middle of it, smiling and talking to girls. I walked right over to him. He took off his coat and i zipped mine up. (Hey, the more padding the better.) i ran right at him - right arm out like a battering ram and hit him directly in the forehead. I never heard the snap of the ulna and radius (the two bones that make up your forearm), but i sure felt it! Thank God for the pain of the quarterbacks fist to my chin. allowed me to forget about the pain of my broken arm. He walked away and called me a pussy. I spent summer vacation that year in a cast. I did get some restitution years later after watching him lead his team to a Superbowl loss. Fortunately, i don't hold any grudges and i hope you don't either: NORMAN!!!

Opie
If OJ didn't kill Nicole, Anthony and I would probably not be doing this radio show!

I was doing a very successful night show at WBAB on Long island in the summer of 1994, when I encouraged local bands to come up with a song parody about the OJ fiasco. Although I got dozens of songs, there was one that stood out above the rest. “Electric Shock OJ” by RotGut peaked my demented sense of humor. It was by far the best song I received. I started playing it on the radio and proceeded to get hundreds of requests for the song.

I eventually invited the artist Anthony and his band to come down to play the song live on the air. I quickly realized that Anthony and I had the same demented look on the world. The second time Anthony appeared on the show, we both got head-butted in the groin by a goat. I think that's when we decided to become partners on the radio.

Soon after that, Anthony became a regular part of my show. He continued installing air conditioners during the day and would come in at night to hang out on the radio. I’ve met many comedians in my life and will honestly say that Anthony is the funniest person I’ve had the pleasure of working with. After only knowing Anthony a little over 6 months, we took the afternoon drive show at WAAF in March of 1995. After getting to know him some more, I was glad to find out that Anthony wasn't a serial killer.

Our philosophy is simple: We want to entertain as many people as humanly possible. While on the air, we make fun of everyone and everything. We even make fun of stuff that affects us personally. We're well aware that we upset at least one person every time we turn on the microphones, but I try not to let that get to me. Besides, in the words of my Dad... "If they crucified Christ, what chance do I have?"

With that in mind, I'm often asked if we find anything off limits. My answer is: As long as I know that we're making a lot more smile and laugh, than are getting pissed off at us, then I know we're doing our job. "The true enemy of creativity is good taste."

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
#O&A30
August 2024