• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

AI George Carlin Comedy Special

Dr. Adam Cox

Yes, I'm trying to raise super kids
Forum Clout
the problem with these long form AI voice replacement vids is that you need to be able to do a near prefect impression of the subject's performance and maintain it. Otherwise, the illusion breaks down pretty quick and your brain starts picking up on tons of artifacts from the original audio. Same also happens when your inference params aren't balanced right, which seems to be the case here too. After a few seconds, I could start to hear his actual voice coming through.
I didn't listen to the material, but I'm sure it stinks. I'm not a fan of Carlin, though.

All that aside, this asshole wrote a 1hr comedy routine of impersonating a famous comedian (probably with text gen AI, but still), performed it like Carlin, used Carlin's voice to replace his own, edited it all together, then inserted laugh tracks between the jokes. I skimmed through it, and there are moments where gives himself a massive guffaw from the crowd. That's BroJoe level pathetic

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
the problem with these long form AI voice replacement vids is that you need to be able to do a near prefect impression of the subject's performance and maintain it. Otherwise, the illusion breaks down pretty quick and your brain starts picking up on tons of artifacts from the original audio. Same also happens when your inference params aren't balanced right, which seems to be the case here too. After a few seconds, I could start to hear his actual voice coming through.
I didn't listen to the material, but I'm sure it stinks. I'm not a fan of Carlin, though.

All that aside, this asshole wrote a 1hr comedy routine of impersonating a famous comedian (probably with text gen AI, but still), performed it like Carlin, used Carlin's voice to replace his own, edited it all together, then inserted laugh tracks between the jokes. I skimmed through it, and there are moments where gives himself a massive guffaw from the crowd. That's BroJoe level pathetic
Do I think Chad "Half A Face" Kultgen would do this? Indeed I do. But if it's good fo da show I'm all for it.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout

Doesn’t even sound like he performed it. He just plugged it right into text to speech.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
That AI had initialy spit out the Tom Brady comedy special last year, which Brady’s lawyers sent a C&D to the AI company. The Carlin special appears to be more refined than the Brady one in a few areas. The Brady one had him rushing through the set with no real pauses or dynamics.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout

Yeah, I won't be entertaining this horseshit at all.
AI faggotry all needs to be wood chippered. Some of the AI memes are a chuckle, but replacing actual music, standup, etc. with your own niggerness is AIDs ridden kikery and then canned laughter-ing yourself is even more douche chillingly cancerous. The future is gay as male ass fuckery. I prefer the mid 80s early 90s myself.

Fuck AI.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Full reminder that everyone who loves niggers has never lived around them.
That's why black people hate each other.
true the neighborhood he lived in was up by that old church and grants tomb. he was blocks from Columbia and when he was growing up guarantee the blacks never came to his neighborhood and the micks didn't go to theirs

Dr. Adam Cox

Yes, I'm trying to raise super kids
Forum Clout
Doesn’t even sound like he performed it. He just plugged it right into text to speech.
He says in one of the videos that he recorded it while doing a Carlin impression. Using TTS would have made it slightly less pathetic, but it also would have sounded way worse, even with the best AI TTS utilities. It's the same technology as this

I'm glad this video is getting a ton of backlash now, and after watching some of the Dudesy podcast that came out along side it, I think I see what happened. I'm guessing "Dudesy" is Will Sasso's faggot cohost, because all of their podcasts include shitty AI art in the thumbnails and he was REALLY excited about this Carlin video and trying to say that AI is the future of comedy. Will seems very uncomfortable by this whole thing, but is trying not to be dismissive or annoyed, probably because the other guy runs the podcast and he doesn't want to cause a problem. Will's been a comedian for decades and said that Carlin was one of his favorites, so hearing his partner use Carlin's voice and delivery and claiming that he's been "resurrected" must have been infuriating.

I'm all for fucking around with AI shit, including voice cloning/replacement, but to put together something like that in earnest is so fucking embarrassing. If it was an hour long video of Carlin talking about the joy of taking loads in the ass, that might be funny. This guy fucked up by making it a serious attempt at comedy

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
If you’re going to do a AI Carlin standup then at least have him say the vilest shit imaginable, really shit on the lecturing cunt. Shit about how niggers don’t deserve rights and faggots should be exterminated
but then that would actually be funny, which carlin specials aren't supposed to be